FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Scarborough/North York Convoy To Dan's BBQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know a few of you are coming from out East, maybe even swinging down the 115 and onto the 401. Wondering if any of you wanted to meet up and cruise to Dan's. JC posted he was in Scarborough, and Jay's coming in from Whitby, wondering if there was anyone else who wanted to tag along in a little convoy from Scarborough. ZTWSugarDaddy, you're nearby, do you wanna join in? Sweetg? Anyone who feels like doing this, why don't we meet up at one of the 3 locations I've listed below (you decide) and go from there. We'll make the meet time 11 am, so we arrive at Dan's for 11:30 or so. If you're not there by 11:05, we're leaving w/out you! Here are my suggestions for meet locations:

1. Victoria Park/401: Tim Horton's Parking Lot Not a lot of space, but literally about 10 seconds from the Hwy. There's a second parking lot across the road with tonnes of room. Easy to get to and leave from. Can grab a coffee/ice cap/hot chocolate/tim bits on the way. Located one set of lights North of the 401 on Victoria Park Ave. on the East Side.

2. Kennedy/401: Kennedy Commons Plaza Huge parking area, easy access to the hwy, a little more central, but kind of a back track for people West of Kennedy. Still, impossible to miss when exiting the 401; just go straight at the lights at the offramp and you're there. Located one set of lights South of the 401 on the East Side. Plaza is marked, but incase you drive by, has an AMC, Rona, Golf Town, etc...

3. Warden/Ellesmere: Home Depot Damnit I work here but there's plenty of room to park. I dunno if anyone wants to bother with this, but it's just a suggestion. About 2 mins from the Hwy. Located 2 lights South of the 401. Exit at Warden Ave, turn LEFT at Ellesmere Rd. and Left again at the first drive way to enter the parking lot.

If you have any other suggestions for meeting places, lemme know. Cheers.
I voted Kennedy and 401, Vic park works too.

Trying to get everone to meet up before for a convoy will be hard I think.

Either way, I'll pre-meet with the Scarborough folks, it's not like we're driving to London..lol Dan's like 15 minutes from there. :D
Jays2000ZX3,Aug 27 2004, 07:12 AM Wrote:Trying to get everone to meet up before for a convoy will be hard I think.
We did it last year with some success. About 7 or 8 cars I think it was. Either way, just for a couple of people to go along together would be fun. Even if it's only 2 or 3. :)
I'll meet up anywhere. Just post which one and I'll meet you guys there.

MARK
I'm too slow a driver to keep up with anyone. I'll slowly make my way to Dan's on my own, but thanks for the invite.
Either or it's all east to me............. :huh:

Umm when you mentioned Kennedy Rd. I kinda have to imply your not meaning Brampton correct ? :lol:

Just give me a time & location to meet at, I might be a little late because I have to run my sister out to Trafalgar Rd. & come back from there, after I find out her shedule for tomorrow. I'll post if I'm late or not when i do later tonight. :huh:
Frost...don't meet up with us here if your from Brampton! ;) Look in the other thread. Or just go right to Dan's your like 5 minutes away.
So...what time? Where? Just tell me and I'll be there
so its friday 2:30 am

i might be able to make it out do we have a decision yet of what spot?
Alrite, let's do Kennedy & 401 seeing as that's what the votes say. Dan says no one before 11, so I figure if you guys wanna meet at around 11:30 or noon in front of Chapters in the Kennedy Commons plaza, we can do that. Post on here what time you're planning on being there.
11am meet in front of Chapters.

By the time everyone meets up...we'll end up leaving at around 11:15-11:30 then we'll be at Dans for like noon.

So, we've got:

-Jay
-Raine

Put your name on the list or we won't wait for you. :D