FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cylinder Heads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anyone know were in southwestern Ont. a guy could get a buildup done on his zetec cylinder head.....something along the lines of what Focussport offers...
I am thinking about doing this.....always a realiable mod if done correctly...
I can get you in contact with a couple of guys, talk to me in person. 1 in town and one in niagara.

-Marc

btw, you'll never keep up to don and I :lol:
http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

That's an amazing price. For a proper head job it's about 1000$ locally, depends where you go. Then shaving the head is more, etc. The crower springs and retainers are worth a good penny as well.

850$US..ship it to Dansmurf or something and go pick it up..that's only about $1150 CDN. CTZX3 is a good guy too...

Sounds like a great option. :D
From what I read dansmurf is moving to Nashville in the next couple of weeks I dont think you could do that unless you want to drive all the way down there.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=22689

Pretty kick ass deal if I have ever seen one, plus FOCALTECH on there is like a genius when it comes to the focus.... he's in Jersey so closer to Ontario....
Call Mississauga Engines. They do Joe Conde's (Altech) heads for his H22 all motor CRX. These guys know their stuff. You could also call Sean Hyland Motorsport, but I am more familiar with Caesar at Mississauga.

Mississauga Engines
110 Emby Drive
Mississauga, ON

(905) 826-8706

Let him know you were reffered to him by Iain at Karbelt Inc.
dad....sean Hyland....heh...heh...heh
The only thing, as we've seen with Focus Sport of the other Focus companies, it's not the same as other engines....you can't just go and hog out the ports.

i know Sauga engines is really good..but how much Focus experience do they have?

I dunno..just a thought.
Sean Hyland... maybe if you get the head job there, they can make that valve cover fit too.

I'm sure they would do good work, but man, you'd be paying BIG money to tear them away from their mustang business.
Gumby,Aug 27 2004, 07:53 AM Wrote:Call Mississauga Engines. They do Joe Conde's (Altech) heads for his H22 all motor CRX. These guys know their stuff. You could also call Sean Hyland Motorsport, but I am more familiar with Caesar at Mississauga.

Mississauga Engines
110 Emby Drive
Mississauga, ON

(905) 826-8706

Let him know you were reffered to him by Iain at Karbelt Inc.
I'll 2nd that Caesar has built 2 motors for me in the past he does really good work.
Flofocus,Aug 27 2004, 08:25 AM Wrote:dad....sean Hyland....heh...heh...heh
Sean Hyland :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :blink: l :angry:
i belive mitch does some head work too... and hes a sponsor
D-Dub,Aug 27 2004, 03:49 AM Wrote:From what I read dansmurf is moving to Nashville in the next couple of weeks I dont think you could do that unless you want to drive all the way down there.
I should be down there mid next week. Its only about a 13 hr drive from Toronto if you want. :P
Flofocus,Aug 27 2004, 08:25 AM Wrote:dad....sean Hyland....heh...heh...heh
hahahahaha.....like that will happen :D
ever seen caesar work on a head?
I watched him work on a friend of mines...
scarey...thats all I have to say, as he scratched the s**t out of the heads sealing surface trying to remove a sensor from the head, then almost dropped the head on the floor.
plus as he removed the valves, he just let the keepers lie where they fell....and these were expensive crower keepers, and he didnt seem to care if the parts went back into the cylinder they were removed from. I find that sloppy, I am very picky about cleanliness, and organization when it comes to something as important as the internals of an engine.

S2 Steeda,Aug 27 2004, 04:08 AM Wrote:plus FOCALTECH on there is like a genius when it comes to the focus....

focaltech is FAR from a genius when it comes to anything let alone the focus.
oh, and i can build heads to what ever you want.
basic heads start at $900cnd which include:
7-angle race cut on the seats, back cut lightened stock valves, basic port work, steepend intake ports, mirror polished exhaust ports, chamber work, stock valvetrain installed(not shimmed)
options:
decking to anything you want $125cnd
street/race porting $50
full race porting $125
crower valvetrain $375(installed)
Shimmed to spec $100(please provide specs requrired)
or you could always try doing it yourself.... the tools arent really that expensive.... and whats a ruined head or two ? its not so hard to do a mild head job...
CARELESSmtrsprts,Aug 31 2004, 04:56 AM Wrote:or you could always try doing it yourself.... the tools arent really that expensive.... and whats a ruined head or two ? its not so hard to do a mild head job...
this is true
you can get a spair head, some cartridge rolls, a nice die grinder with varriable speeds, a couple of flap wheels... clean out the rough spots and it will improve flow.
i wasted 2 heads looking for all the water jackets just so i knew how much and where i could take the most off for the best gains. in some areas there is only a couple of MM before the waterjackets... to thin and it will crack under system pressure and opperating temps/conditions!
ok......so I either have to ship you my head or ..............
i have heads in stock to port out...
i have one basicly ready to go, it just needs the bowl work and a trip to the machine shop and it's ready.
typical lead in time for heads is 2-6weeks

there is a $250 core charge which is refunded after inspection of your old head.