FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I'm Happy That I Bought A Ford, Are You?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im happy I sold my ford! :lol:
Even though my car is just a Focus I like it a lot.
It seems Ford is doing very well through the crisis compared not only to GM and Chrysler but also Toyota.
Pfft. Care... I don't.
I just watched the news, GM is going to save itself by partnering with Segway :lol:

Sorry, they deserve to die and soon!

am I happy buying a ford? not really, bad design and bad build/finish quality. a lot of little thing rattle and has gone wrong. and the car was 07. it should be still tight. I rather buy something else but the price for the focus was too good to be passed on. I'm happy overall, but will not buy another ford vehicle again. ford truck yes, maybe...
See now that what's wrong with most of you that bought a Focus. It's a friggin Focus people, not the top of the line model.

There is only so much engineering and fit and finish(compared to more expensive models) that we/Ford build into a car to make it relatively inexpensive.

The more money you pay=the more quality you get.

This guy is happy with the price but not happy with the quality.

Go try out a Toyota(a cheap one) and you will see my point. I have seen Toyota's rusting after 3 years in service.
meford4u,Apr 8 2009, 04:26 PM Wrote:See now that what's wrong with most of you that bought a Focus.  It's a friggin Focus people, not the top of the line model.

There is only so much engineering and fit and finish(compared to more expensive models) that we/Ford build into a car to make it relatively inexpensive.

The more money you pay=the more quality you get.

This guy is happy with the price but not happy with the quality.

Go try out a Toyota(a cheap one) and you will see my point.  I have seen Toyota's rusting after 3 years in service.
[right][snapback]284619[/snapback][/right]

I dunno, my '05 Focus was tight as a drum until had that meeting with the meathead who ran the red in '08 and I had been doing stuff to it too.

Hell the Fusion is still rock solid even after getting hit. Either I got extremely lucky twice or maybe the people who complain about Fords fit & finish are even pickier than I am :P (I had the dealer replace a doorjamb on the Fusion that had obviously been forced into position)

NefCanuck
I'm happy I have a job and can still put gas in my ford :) As for quality, I've loved the cars I had in the past 10 years. Zero issues due to build quality/reliability.

My only issues are with ford stealerships.
patrick23,Apr 8 2009, 05:16 PM Wrote:am I happy buying a ford? not really, bad design and bad build/finish quality. a lot of little thing rattle and has gone wrong. and the car was 07. it should be still tight. I rather buy something else but the price for the focus was too good to be passed on. I'm happy overall, but will not buy another ford vehicle again. ford truck yes, maybe...
[right][snapback]284612[/snapback][/right]

My 07 was gold. That's even after a FS CAI, 2 MBRP exhausts (it was the development mule for Duratec Foci), a SCT retune for 91 octane and adding SVT EAP wheels and 215/45R17 tires. The only real reason I got rid of it was because I didn't want a protracted fight with Ford Credit over "assuming" the payments I was already making and it wasn't a stickshift :P

My Escape now has over 52K on it and it's still tight. The only rattles that I get are in sub -30C weather. The most maintenance I need right now is a wash. :) The Duratec 30 is one hell of a design. Cammer V6s are wicked, and this one pulls through 6000 RPMs cleanly with a decent sound. :ph34r:

The reality is I could detail the truck right now and it could likely pass for showroom quality. Ford's quality has improved significantly over the last 10 years, and I'll even go so far as to say it's a 50% increase in the last 4-5 years in overall workmanship at all levels of production.
I am very happy with my 03 Focus SVT , it's holding up pretty good , no rust , I did rust proof it every other year , steering is untouched since it was built , at 60k just the usual maintenance , oil change ...no rattles
Ford could do even better if they brought over some of the european models such as Fiesta or Mondeo. And some diesel engines wouldn't hurt . But no , we got to stick with gas guzzlers and trucks , to "be safe " on the roads . I have recently come back from Europe and I can tell you that diesel engines are the bomb , they're pretty small displacement ( depending on the application) , very fuel efficient ,performant , quiet , don't smell and very eco-friendly (that's today's slogan)
Focus diesel (TDCI ) have 1.8 and 2.0 L , putting out between 75 and 136 hp for about half the amount of fuel gas engines use .
Sorry for drifting away from the topic .The answer to the main question is yes , for the money I am happy with my Fords !
2001 ZTS,Apr 7 2009, 06:39 PM Wrote:I just watched the news, GM is going to save itself by partnering with Segway  :lol:

Sorry, they deserve to die and soon!
[right][snapback]284535[/snapback][/right]

When I saw that I laughed so hard! The thing looks ridiculous... and it makes me wonder WHY GM would throw away money like that. As much as I dislike general motors, I really don't wish them to go under... and crap like that only makes the already struggling company look more retarded imo. Just my two cents, the G8 is a stellar car! ( had to throw that in lol )
Gabriel........The diesel Ford produces requires a higher refinement than what is available to the NA market, thus why no Ford diesel here. Besides the market is really not that lucrative. If it was, then you would see the price of the Diesel from VW skyrocket in price.

Oh, and I saw a G8 up and personal in Florida this year. I was amazed at the car.
I saw a G8 GT in town earlier this week. Too little too late, if you ask me. Nice car, but too little too late.
meford4u,Apr 9 2009, 10:45 PM Wrote:Gabriel........The diesel Ford produces requires a higher refinement than what is available to the NA market, thus why no Ford diesel here.  Besides the market is really not that lucrative.  If it was, then you would see the price of the Diesel from VW skyrocket in price.

Oh, and I saw a G8 up and personal in Florida this year.  I was amazed at the car.
[right][snapback]284716[/snapback][/right]
Ford and everybody else produces diesel engines in Europe so it would be just a matter of bringing the technology from overseas . If it can be done over there it can certainly be done here...But they don't want to...It's more convenient . They want us to buy cheap s@#t . , Just compare the fit and finish of the vehicles made in Europe or Australia (G8 ) by the "big three " vs their North American products...
Gabriel,Apr 12 2009, 09:17 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Apr 9 2009, 10:45 PM Wrote:Gabriel........The diesel Ford produces requires a higher refinement than what is available to the NA market, thus why no Ford diesel here.  Besides the market is really not that lucrative.  If it was, then you would see the price of the Diesel from VW skyrocket in price.

Oh, and I saw a G8 up and personal in Florida this year.  I was amazed at the car.
[right][snapback]284716[/snapback][/right]
Ford and everybody else produces diesel engines in Europe so it would be just a matter of bringing the technology from overseas . If it can be done over there it can certainly be done here...But they don't want to...It's more convenient . They want us to buy cheap s@#t . , Just compare the fit and finish of the vehicles made in Europe or Australia (G8 ) by the "big three " vs their North American products...
[right][snapback]284803[/snapback][/right]
I guess I needed to clarify that the diesel itself needs to be a higher refinement.
I think the States are ready for the new, ultra-low sulphur requirements - why not here?

I read a review in Motor Trend last month that compared three diesel SUVs with a Lexus hybrid SUV - I remember seeing that ultra-low sulphur was a requirement for all three diesel engines on the VW Touareg, BMW X5 and MB ML320.