FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Baby Broke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well so I get in my car to go golfing today and my key wouldn't go in all the way and got stuck so I fuked around with it for a few minutes and then it went in all the way (no I wasn't jamming it or anything, just jiggling it back and forth). So then it started and was fine. Well I get to the golf course and go to shut the car off and I can't get the fukin key out it's stuck in the ignition now. So again I fiddle around with it jiggling and wiggling it and then it comes out. Well when I'm done with golf I go to leave and no go. They key slides in with no problem but the ignition won't turn at all. The wheel isn't locked either so that's not it. Anyone heard of this or has had the same problem. If so what did it cost to fix? I had to have it towed to the Ford Dealer :angry: and I know they're probably going to rape my asshole with the cost but it has to be done. Was not very happy at all!
your ignition went.

happened twice in two years on my focus...yay

something like 200 something to repair or something
Turn the steering slightly while turning key at same time may help but there are lots of stories about ignition problems just as intense has described.
Another guess is that if your car is a manual transmission you could have kicked off the clucth switch that allows your car to start. That's what's happened to me a couple of times!
Sounds like a tumbler fuked up.....
I had the same problem like 2 months ago, I managed to get my key to turn one last time so I could take out the cylinder (your key has to be able to turn to get the cylinder out). Once I had the cylinder out I took out the tumblers and one of them was slightly bent and not falling back down into one of the lower positions on the key making it impossible for the cylinder to unlock. I just took out all the tumblers out as a short term fix and it worked fine.

But I guess this probally wont help cause yours is already at Ford getting fixed.
When I called for a price from ford for a new cylinder it was $93.00 I think
I had the same thing happen on my ZX3, the key got stuck in there but I was able to force it out I grabbed some wd40 from the house soaked the key with it put the key back in the ignition pulled it out a couple of times with no effort and never had a problem again with it.
Well I got it all fixed today and it was $388.64. They had to drill it out, fukin rip off. I hate dealers. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
ZX3 in progress,Aug 25 2004, 04:21 PM Wrote:Well I got it all fixed today and it was $388.64. They had to drill it out, fukin rip off. I hate dealers. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
ouch
the part cost me $45usd. this happened to me too