FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: North America Could Get Next-gen Ford Focus Rs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could the North American market finally get the Ford Focus RS? According to the latest reports, it could happen. But not until after the next-generation model debuts in a couple of years. Like the new Fiesta, the next Focus is being developed as a global product, with the North American market in mind as much as those overseas. And with the amalgamation of Ford's performance divisions in the United States and Europe – SVT and Team RS, respectively – an RS version could reach American shores in a few years' time.

According to Automotive News, Ford's global performance guru Hermann Salebauch says the potential for a U.S.-market Focus RS depends entirely on demand. That is, if enough American buyers want an RS, it could happen. So what do you think, should Ford give its home market a smokin' hot hatch based on the next Focus? Leave your thoughts in the comments section because... well... who knows?

Focus RS at Paris Auto Show
*deep breath*

*holds breath*

Don't do that DP, death by oxygen starvation is a horrible way to go :P

NefCanuck
hmm I'm suprised they don't want to include Australia's Ford performance devision into that mix, as they have some really nice mods for their cars including body kits.
It has to be priced to fight the Mustang GT, the budget EVO (RS?) and the WRX265 while offering the "least" appealing powertrain layout of all of them - FWD. I love, you love it, but the lemmings don't love it and the lemmings are needed to justify the launch.

Unless they just say ,,|, ,|,, and lump it in after the new SHO? Dare I hope? :o
With the way the current market is, not sure if people will be able to buy anyways.