FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Advice Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got some side markers for my Foci & yes they are OEM european speck I'm just wondering if I should drill the holes myself or spend a little money to have them cut out correctly for me at a local body shop ?

I'm not doing this as of yet, but I will be as soon as the european washer fliud bottle arrives in the mail from Germany. Any advice I would be greatful for. :D
I have some clear side markers and the euro washer bottle sitting in my parents basement.. Havent gotten around to installing them yet because of the whole cutting thing. The thing with cutting a hole in your fender to put these in is that they're stick out so far from the body. The european fenders have the side marker hole recessed a bit so the side markers sit more flush with the body.

You can recess them yourself if you cut the hole in the fender the full size of the triangle, then weld the mounting hole in another piece of metal behind the fender, but that's a lot of work, and the labor would be a lot if you arent doing it yourself. Personally I wouldnt cut holes in my fenders myself, I dont really have the experience in metal work and whatever. Something like that might be easy to screw up. If you do end up cutting it yourself, people have suggested practising on a piece of fender or door from an old junker or something.
To save the hassle of cutting big holes and replacing the washer bottle i bought the LED side markers.

But i still haven't put them on yet! :lol:
only because i don't know if i want the amber light on my car