FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is It Legal To Drive Without A Front Bumper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This morning as I am backing out of my driveway all I heard was a crack and crunching noise, once out of the car I noticed the whole driverside of the bumper is hanging off the car. how this happened is a complete mystery to me. I have a feeling someone clipped the corner of the car in a parking lot and all it took was time for it to pop off. But I have been trying to pop the piece back on and it is not going to good. (Time to place an order for the rieger front I think LOL)

Since I don't have the time today to mess around with it I was wondering if anyone knows if I can get away driving without the bumper legally?.

As well does anyone have a set of clear corners available? My driveside one is toast.
If window tint is technically illegal here....then yeah, no front bumper would be technically illegal also.
I would believe it's illegal... but I don't know for certain... 99% sure.
Is it just the cover or are we talking about part of the structure?
I see people do it. "technicaly" it's the rebar in back of the bumper cover that will save your butt..not the plastic piece so I dunno. :unsure:
Just the plastic bumper, the rebar, and foam is all intact.
Only thing I figured is If I take it off I have to attach the side indicators so they are still visible.

Or maybe I'll just duct tape the bumper up :lol:
it is 100% LEGAL to drive without the plastic bumper cover...no worries [asides from looking funny]

as stated the rebar is the important piece
If all else fails that is what I will do.
Thanks anthony.

Still got that connection with rieger?
Rieger yippeee..... :D
I drove around for 2 days with out a front bumper. Im sure I well be doing it again this summer :D but yes it is illegal...
Thanks all for the tips, I was able to figure out my problem. The wings west lip was causing the bumper to become distorted and finally stressed the bumper clips to fatigue. Lips off and the bumpers back on :D Still gonna need that rieger though.