FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Brake Job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey has anyone done there own brake job rotor pads and shoes . I would like to know was it hard to do and if not what need to be done are a site that could give me the info.

Thanks

Guys...
I just did mine this weekend. It was pretty easy, the hardest part i thought was gettin the caliper and pads back on the rotor.
habmann,Aug 23 2004, 09:56 PM Wrote:I just did mine this weekend. It was pretty easy, the hardest part i thought was gettin the caliper and pads back on the rotor.
Brakes is pretty easy, just got to use something to push the piston back inside the cailper to make clearance to fit over the rotor. A clamp and a small thin piece of wood and push it back in. Usually nobody has the right tool so that's what i use at home, works everytime. ;)
ya once i got the caliper pushed back in it was a sinch. The c-clamp that hayne's said to use didn't really do much for. Maybe if i had used it with a small piece of wood it might have gone better
Kool_ZX3,Aug 24 2004, 03:01 AM Wrote:
habmann,Aug 23 2004, 09:56 PM Wrote:I just did mine this weekend. It was pretty easy, the hardest part i thought was gettin the caliper and pads back on the rotor.
Brakes is pretty easy, just got to use something to push the piston back inside the cailper to make clearance to fit over the rotor. A clamp and a small thin piece of wood and push it back in. Usually nobody has the right tool so that's what i use at home, works everytime. ;)
Try a rag and your thumbs; works for me.
Agreed brakes are the easiest and most cost saving repair you can do....good luck :D