FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2005 Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does everyone think of the new front/back options. Anyone else have one? Mods done to it yet?
I don't know if there is anyone else on here that has a '05 but there was a post with pictures of one at Mosport a little while ago all modded.

Check this post: Focus at Mosport
The new front end has not grown onto me yet. Its just the grill. I see it and Taraus comes to mind :blink:

I seen parts on ebay for them liek the projectors and such...
yah i checked that and i saw that car on tv when they aired the broadcast, wonder why it dnf'd, looked pretty cool, wish i could have seen under the hood to see what pwr they had old zetec 2.0L or duratec 20 or duratec 23 like mine
I like the taurus too!! But then i am a Ford NUT!!
I can't get pass the centre console of the dash which looks like a big step backwards.
I like it better than the older ones, that was a major buying thing was the interior,(i like big and square things) not to mention the 2.3L, 4 cupholders there are 2 in door pockets now!!, i got leather and a roof too!!
<a href='http://www.ford.ca/english/images/showroom/car/focus/int1.jpg'>[Image: int1.jpg]</a>
I like the new front end quite a bit.. really heavily influenced by the Mondeo front.

I really cant stand the new interior though, that's one thing I cant figure out why they changed.
Crazirich,Aug 20 2004, 12:18 AM Wrote:I like the taurus too!! But then i am a Ford NUT!!
You like the Taurus....nut is right ;)
the rear end of the 05 hatchbacks is the exact same as the other years, it hasnt changed. Ford could have atleast re-styled the hatch rear bumper differently, or used the SVT rear bumper and should have done something a little different to the tail lights, like integrate amber turns, but no they kept it the same.
I still think the car is as pretty as a bag of smashed assholes.

Sorry.

And the interior? Looks like my mother-in-law's civic.
Everyone has their own opinion and that what places like these are for!!! Flip it or Dip it!!
ANTHONYD,Aug 20 2004, 10:51 AM Wrote:I still think the car is as pretty as a bag of smashed assholes.

Sorry.

And the interior? Looks like my mother-in-law's civic.
I love the exterior...that interior though. Yuck.

Wish they kept the previous ones...
Crazirich,Aug 20 2004, 04:31 PM Wrote:Everyone has their own opinion and that what places like these are for!!! Flip it or Dip it!!
Yup. B)
I don't know Call me crazy but I dislike the 2005 Sedan &amp; Hatchbacks, more so the rear redesign of the back of the sedan then anything else. I don't like the &quot;new&quot; front end on the old body stylings of the hatchbacks either. However after the last run into Colony Ford for servicing I checked out the 2005 booklet on the Focus. I actually took one for a test drive &amp; I can say I really really like the 2005 ZXW SES Wagon. It looks &amp; feels alright to me &amp; drives Super Sweetly with the 5 speed &amp; uped engine option in the SES package. I took one out for a run around town &amp; it was fully loaded minus the leather, power moon roof &amp; side airbags, but I liked the colour of the biege interor on the Tundra green exteror, &amp; the silver grill looks good on that colour option in my mind.

Looked like this one : <a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/frost__2001/2005FocusWagon.jpg'>[Image: 2005FocusWagon.jpg]</a>

I can say forsure if I lease another Focus I'd pick the fully optioned out wagon, heck for less the 27,000 for a wagon that meets all my family &amp; their needs it fits including in it's looks. &amp; yes I'd pic the same colour options.

LOL :lol: about the only thing I'd change though would be adding the older euro tail lights with amber signels, side repeaters, &amp; the 2002 euro rear &amp; front bumpers &amp; rear wiper &amp; locking gas tank door. you know the minor things
Hey Rich! Hope you enjoyed the lap at Dunnville with my ZTS rolling around in the corners :lol:

It's scary, but I'm actually getting used to the front of the car. I still don't like the interior as much with the new grade of plastics (similar to the new 05 Mustang stuff). If this car was in my driveway, it definitely needs a nicer front end. The front end looks too squished.

As for the Taurus, there should have been some SHO version, even with the current version. Okay, maybe not the 3.4L V8 with the cam issues, but a nice supercharger...maybe even the old 3.8 SC from the old T-bird.

If I had to get a new car at this point, I'd be jumping for the Mazda 3 with the ST right behind. Given our vehicles' dynamics, you cannot beat this thing...especially tailing a Cobra in a 90-degree turn :D

Just remember folks, Ford did not want to sink in a lot of money into this iteration of the Focus. It lost a lot of money on it due to the recalls and quality control issues. Look forward only to 2008 and later for something &quot;improved&quot;.