FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone just a question does anyone know were I can get my rims power coated in toronto for a good price.

Thanks

BaD aSSS
You have asked the right question. I got mine done by a guy who does industrial stuff. You just tell him what you want done exactly and he does it. The were silver but I made them gunmetal. Unfortunately in the pics they almost look the same. His company is called:

Professional Powder Coating Ltd.
Narine Mangrue (General Manager)
49 Bertal Road, Toronto, Ontario
M6M 4M5

Tel: 416-766-9081
Fax: 416-766-9788

He charged me $250 for all four but you have to get your tires taken iff and then put on by someone else.

Here's what mine look like before and now:

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/Focus%20June%2015%202004/23.jpg'>[Image: 23.jpg]
:huh: mine need doing.
Malby....I dont see much of a difference.

&lt;_&lt;
Flofocus,Aug 19 2004, 08:08 AM Wrote:Malby....I dont see much of a difference.

&lt;_&lt;
I was going to say the same thing. &lt;_&lt;
me either :unsure:
lol me either, but I'm sure it's just the picture not doing justice as usual. I bet in person its quite noticeable.
Thank for the info , I will let you know how it goes.

Later....
Thats a good thing they looks the same lol means they did that good a job...
thabrat,Aug 19 2004, 02:52 PM Wrote:Thats a good thing they looks the same lol means they did that good a job...
lol yeah but they are supposed to change from silver to gunmetal ;) I would not like to have silver wheels powder coated silver when I asked for gunmetal :P

250 bucks seems like a good deal to me... not really sure tho never looked into it.

and by the way badass, I don't know what wheels are being coated but keep in mind you cannot powder coat wheels that are currently chrome. fyi, just in case - but I'm sure they would have told you that anyway lol.
if you get them sandblasted before hand it well be so much cheaper. if you know any one with a sand blaster.
thabrat,Aug 19 2004, 03:04 PM Wrote:if you get them sandblasted before hand it well be so much cheaper. if you know any one with a sand blaster.
good call, just make sure it's done well
You guys wanna see my wheels lets meet somewhere and I'll show them to you. they are much darker but are also shinier. The glare from the sun sucks. I'm going to take pics of them now in the garage to show you what they're like.
MAlby7,Aug 19 2004, 02:44 PM Wrote:here they are but they are still darker:

&lt;a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/MISC/47357732.jpg'&gt;<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/MISC/47357732.jpg'>[Image: 47357732.jpg]</a>
^^ much better for comparision.

They look good in gunmetal. B)
That's what I thought also. it's something different other than the everyday silver. For $250 he sandblasted, powdercoated, and put clearcoat on my rims. The finish is pretty damn good. I also had some gouges from curbs and stuff. they are all gone.
MAlby7,Aug 19 2004, 02:52 PM Wrote:That's what I thought also. it's something different other than the everyday silver. For $250 he sandblasted, powdercoated, and put clearcoat on my rims. The finish is pretty damn good. I also had some gouges from curbs and stuff. they are all gone.
lol, thats a lot better deal than what I can get dood. Awsome, I'll probably give him a shout...

Can he repair minor bends? My one wheels is a little bent....
I'm not 100% sure he can fix bends. You gotta remember that this guy usually does metal railings and industrial stuff. Rims aren't his specialty. The reason he got my gouges out were because they weren't depp at all.
MAlby7,Aug 19 2004, 02:30 PM Wrote:You guys wanna see my wheels lets meet somewhere and I'll show them to you. they are much darker but are also shinier. The glare from the sun sucks. I'm going to take pics of them now in the garage to show you what they're like.
Ya those pics are much better, they look good in Gunmetal. Thats like my rims they're what they call Cromium Black but with the sun on them they look crome which I am not too much pleased with. But if put next to actual crome rime you can tell a big difference.