FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Recent Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As you all notice we recently decided to change sponsorship partners to a company that we as the mods of this site feel the users can benifit more from.

For the record, me nor the other mods have any vengence towards steeda.ca or its members, we just feel this change is the best path for our members. Steeda.ca (who has no affiliation with actually steeda besides being just a distributor) is a growing company and it was hard to make this decision. There are some good guys working there and I hope that you enthusiasts check out there site from time to time to see whats up.

The switch was made because we as mods feel the need to have a company thats 100% commited to the focus. A company that will post all the time, and give our members the best deals possible. I talked to Dave @ Focus Central and he is very enthusiatic about the rebirth of zx3tuning. Mitch is also a great guy and focus enthusiast extra-ordinaire and hepefully will be a very contributing member to this community.

I hope there is no hard feelings in this decision. It was a little, out of the blue, as some seem to think. But our last sponsor was dormant on this board for over a month.

If there are any questions you can ask me them in this thread. If you point fingers, or write total nonsense, it will be deleted.

Cheers,

Dan.
So I guess ZX3 tuning is able to offer us more than Steeda?
Good post Dan, just wish there was some communication before-hand ya know (Jason... :angry: ). There was no formal agreement, but when the site needed hosting fees paid for we gladly steped up as often as required. I am always on the site, both for myself and Steeda.ca... just so happened I was 'best-manning' a wedding that week and wasn't around - timing <_< You're right about one thing though, somehow we missed posting some of our recent news releases on here but they're all on our site and other forums... our bad. I'm of the opinion that Steeda.ca was treated poorly in this matter, my 2cents. Regardless, we both want what's best for focuscanada and the whole community.

And for the record... Steeda.ca is a canadian distributor to Steeda Autosport and is affiliated no differently then any other distributor. They have a superior relationship with Steeda Autosport and have become one of the top in North America in 8 months. There is no such entity as Steeda Canada.

Steeda.ca holds no grudges to any persons involved in FocusCanada.net. Nor do they have any resentment toward ZX3Tuning, rather they wish Mitch the best of luck in his future endeavors… remember, McDonalds would be nothing without Burger King & Wendy’s. Regardless of this situation, Steeda.ca’s mandate continues to include growing the Focus enthusiast community to levels exceeding anyone’s expectations. Being member-oriented and customer driven remains the focus of its marketing and strategizing efforts. Steeda.ca is fully committed and will continue pursuing excellence with great enthusiasm.

Look forward to seeing you at future events!
ANTHONYD,Aug 17 2004, 05:18 PM Wrote:So I guess ZX3 tuning is able to offer us more than Steeda?
we'll let you all be the judge of that ;)
BrooksZX3,Aug 17 2004, 05:25 PM Wrote:remember, McDonalds would be nothing without Burger King & Wendy’s.
Yup!
Thanks for the info Dan.....

And I think I can speak for everyone in thanking our new sponsors as well as the old for stepping up to the plate to help out our little community.

*thumbs up*

Paparoach,Aug 17 2004, 02:28 PM Wrote:Thanks for the info Dan.....

And I think I can speak for everyone in thanking our new sponsors as well as the old for stepping up to the plate to help out our little community.

*thumbs up*
Werd B)
I did make the mistake of not telling Steeda.ca rigth away. I been super busy lately working and playing with the car. I make sure that everything I do is the best and sometimes to get that you need to takes risks.

I have nothing against Steeda (Pat and Paul) there awsome guys.
thabrat,Aug 17 2004, 06:37 PM Wrote:I did make the mistake of not telling Steeda.ca rigth away. I been super busy lately working and playing with the car. I make sure that everything I do is the best and sometimes to get that you need to takes risks.
please don't take offence... but what are you talking about dood? Not telling Steeda.ca is far from a risk, it was simply irresponsible lol :blink:
There was no written agreement between anything so ya. As far as the risk I think you mis understood. The risk is dropping steeda and moving on to another sposnor.
thabrat,Aug 17 2004, 07:07 PM Wrote:There was no written agreement between anything so ya. As far as the risk I think you mis understood. The risk is dropping steeda and moving on to another sposnor.
gotcha ;)
thabrat,Aug 17 2004, 06:37 PM Wrote:I did make the mistake of not telling Steeda.ca rigth away. I been super busy lately working and playing with the car. I make sure that everything I do is the best and sometimes to get that you need to takes risks.

I have nothing against Steeda (Pat and Paul) there awsome guys.
Correction. Right away is lending yourself too much credit - i believe we did not receive notification of change at all.

Again - no hard feelings Jason. The board reserves the right to make decisions for the Focuscanada.net community. What we are extremely unhappy with was the unethical manner in which we disappeared from the site.

I'm positive that many Focuscanada.net members would testify to great experiences with Steeda.ca, like us they we're surprised with our absence on Monday morning and we're also susceptible to confusion in the regard - confusion that would have been avoided if Jason we're not too busy playing with his car.

;)

Carey Brooks (BrooksZX3) took the initiative to clarify the topic earlier and had his post deleted? I read the post and will confirm that it was very diplomatic and far from biased. It stated the facts about this topic that the community was entitled to know.
pat@steeda.ca,Aug 17 2004, 01:32 PM Wrote:Carey Brooks (BrooksZX3) took the initiative to clarify the topic earlier and had his post deleted? I read the post and will confirm that it was very diplomatic and far from biased. It stated the facts about this topic that the community was entitled to know.
I agree Carey's post was well written and to the point.. A good representation of Steeda.ca. I think that post is gone mainly so that everything is in the Site Update forum and Dan wrote a pretty decent explanation.
guilty,Aug 17 2004, 07:44 PM Wrote:
pat@steeda.ca,Aug 17 2004, 01:32 PM Wrote:Carey Brooks (BrooksZX3) took the initiative to clarify the topic earlier and had his post deleted? I read the post and will confirm that it was very diplomatic and far from biased.  It stated the facts about this topic that the community was entitled to know.
I agree Carey's post was well written and to the point.. A good representation of Steeda.ca. I think that post is gone mainly so that everything is in the Site Update forum and Dan wrote a pretty decent explanation.
A valid point - some discussions do belong in designated areas. In any event here it is again in the site updates section:

Statement in regard to Steeda.ca disappearance

Since nobody has elected to offer reasoning to the sudden absence of Steeda.ca from this board… I will. It is the opinion of those in charge of decision making for FocusCanada.net that Steeda.ca was never as committed as FocusCanada.net wanted them to be. They were looking for a sponsor that would be more member-oriented. It was stated that several attempts were made to contact Steeda.ca to strike a deal but all efforts failed. Therefore, the decision was made to remove Steeda.ca from the board and welcome ZX3Tuning as the main sponsor. The opinion states that ZX3Tuning is the far better company and can do a lot more for the site… the reason was based solely on that. I have no information regarding the details and/or plans of that relationship.

Steeda.ca Response

It is with great disappointment that Steeda.ca offers a response to this surprising development. Steeda.ca was shocked Monday morning to find that its section of the board had been removed without warning. Its position is that no such attempts were made to contact Steeda.ca. In fact, they felt their commitment was solid and, more importantly, progressing very nicely… this was portrayed in the several news releases, events, and changes over the last few months. Steeda.ca is extremely surprised and saddened by the unprofessional and seemingly questionable actions of those involved.

However, Steeda.ca has chosen to not hold any grudges to any persons involved in FocusCanada.net. Nor do they have any resentment toward ZX3Tuning, rather they wish Mitch the best of luck in his future endeavors… remember, McDonalds would be nothing without Burger King & Wendy’s. Regardless of this blow, Steeda.ca’s mandate continues to include growing the Focus enthusiast community to levels exceeding anyone’s expectations. Being member-oriented and customer driven remains the focus of its marketing and strategizing efforts. Steeda.ca is fully committed and will continue with great enthusiasm.

If you have any questions regarding this post, please contact Carey Brooks (BrooksZX3)… proud member and supporter of the Focus enthusiast community.
pat@steeda.ca,Aug 17 2004, 03:32 PM Wrote:Correction. Right away is lending yourself too much credit - i believe we did not receive notification of change at all.
With all do respect we did not exactly like the fact that all of a sudden your prices jumped. Whether or not it was fault, the prices rose and we can't afford to pay that much. I'm sorry but I had to get that off of my chest!
MAlby7,Aug 17 2004, 09:57 PM Wrote:
pat@steeda.ca,Aug 17 2004, 03:32 PM Wrote:Correction.  Right away is lending yourself too much credit - i believe we did not receive notification of change at all.
With all do respect we did not exactly like the fact that all of a sudden your prices jumped. Whether or not it was fault, the prices rose and we can't afford to pay that much. I'm sorry but I had to get that off of my chest!

No corelation there really, unless you were unaware that it was coming - but there was a realease posted regarding the increase.

I totally understand though... we were dreading it but knew Steeda Autosport had no choice but to pass some of it on to us and ultimately you. This is a global thing, not a Steeda thing btw. You could find all the information in most national news paper archives if your curious.

No need to appologize ;)
I don't have alot to add to this but I definitely did see a huge increase in prices, mainly with the Canadian distributors cause the ones that operate south of the border, their prices seem to have not changed or have changed very slightly. Makes sense cause basically anything worth anything up here is shipped from the states. Handling fees, etc...

Anyway, just basically posting that I noticed that also. Sucks cause I would have ordered tons more stuff from STEEDA....
S2 Steeda,Aug 17 2004, 10:51 PM Wrote:I don't have alot to add to this but I definitely did see a huge increase in prices, mainly with the Canadian distributors cause the ones that operate south of the border, their prices seem to have not changed or have changed very slightly. Makes sense cause basically anything worth anything up here is shipped from the states. Handling fees, etc...

Anyway, just basically posting that I noticed that also. Sucks cause I would have ordered tons more stuff from STEEDA....
ya know, not every part increased in price :o There was an overall increase but not everything went up ;) But you're right, all the good stuff comes from the US mainly so we're always dealing with exchange rates at the same time... so an increase in US is a greater increase in Canadian... welcome to the north <_<
You guys need to remeber the phase "Pay to Play" remeber it it will come in handy B)
i stayed out of this for a while but i figure i should say something at this point.

nobody is saying you cannot still buy parts from Steeda.ca, infact if you like dealing with them, by all means do so! there is nothing wrong with having a good relationship with a local shop that has helped you out in the past.

dan and jason figured i would be able to completely serve the community of FopcusCanada with all of the parts i have or can get. With my prucahse of Zx3tuning, picking up FocusSport with that purcahse, adding to my FocusCentral Canadian distributorship and my recent buyout of Bosseuroparts(as Voytek is moving back to Europe for an undisclosed amount of time), i have all the bases covered. with other relationships i have with other shops, i managed to pick up basicly the best prices in Canada on parts such as Vortech, KVR, OZ, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Toyo, Falken, H&R and Bilstein suspensions. there is not muchi do not have and there is nothing i cannot get. i even can get steeda parts if needed. And because of how i work my shipping from the US, everything i bring up from the US is cheaper for me which i return the savings on to the customer.

being a consumer in this market for so long i know how all canadians feel when it comes to bring stuff across the border! we all get screwed and i figured it's time a canadian company came in that could hel put an end to or atleast minimze this problem.

what is done is done and business is business.
i hope that we all can work together to make the focus community in canada as strong as it can be!

Pages: 1 2