FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Euro Bumpers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I'm thinking of changing the stock bumper on my car & I like the normal stock look of the Euro model of the focus. I have two choices & they are the stock 1998 - 2001 model bumper & the 2002 - 2004 model. I want some advice on what one to choose since I want to hear some advice & thought about it. Oh, & these pics are from European-parts.com site since I deal a lot with them.

My Car looks like this currently minus the lower skirt at the moment

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/frost__2001/Driversside.jpg'>[Image: Driversside.jpg]

with this bumper I need less parts &amp; well I can add my Xenon lower skirt which will look cool on the Yellow with the dark signel lights in the corners. As I think about it when it would be finished it would look awsome. :P

I like this bumper because it has the balck on it &amp; it would match the black on the doors of my car :D , but I'd have to import the lower grill, fog lights &amp; I'd have to keep the stock american grill with signels in them. Then think about changing the body kit on my car or moding it to fit. So more costs. &lt;_&lt;

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/frost__2001/2002-2004focusfrontbumper.jpg'>[Image: 2002-2004focusfrontbumper.jpg]
I say ST170 front :D I have yet to see one do it to a sedan...
i like the bottom one better, but if it's that much more of a pain in the ass then just go with the top one because that one is also 100 times better looking than the stock American bumper.
MAlby7,Aug 15 2004, 08:25 AM Wrote:i like the bottom one better, but if it's that much more of a pain in the ass then just go with the top one because that one is also 100 times better looking than the stock American bumper.
I'd go with the top bumper!!
its easy to find, and you have a better odds of getting your xenon lip to fit it.
The old style euro bumper is a definite improvement over the stock north american bumper either way.. shorter, has signals in it, and the bump-strip line is smoothed out.

I prefer the 02+ bumper but then I've got headlights with signals inside them.