FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svtf + Vortech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Making me think about my turbo project here <_<

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...sb=5&o=&fpart=1
Holy lack of torque Batman!!
pretty impressive.
Paparoach,Aug 13 2004, 12:14 PM Wrote:Holy lack of torque Batman!!
Considering what it puts down stock, I think thats a huge improvement. B)

In one tune, they pulled 200lbs trq. :blink: crazy for a supercharger.
s**t I'd want my focus to be that powerfull, I must agree the torque is low but its only got like a 7000 redline so it not like a honda where you gotta wait till 9 grand just to get all your power.
Torque is for hauling cattle.

I would take that car anyday over a 240hp/240tq setup.

;)
Torque is nice if you're trying to win drag races, but it can kill day-to-day driveability.

So while it's nice to be the fastest off the line, it only counts if you're fast at the end.
Doesn't he have a built engine done by Marcy motorsports? I think so.
I think your thinking about saleen09 tom built his engine up, hes had a picture step by step somewhere.
i would take 270+hp and near 200 torque anyday.
jeeez.....
tdot-zx3,Aug 13 2004, 02:20 PM Wrote:Torque is for hauling cattle.

I would take that car anyday over a 240hp/240tq setup.

;)
Come on torque is fun.....HP yawn ;)
i have to admit i am astonished with those numbers
good news for everyone is now FS has that SCT tune in their books to use and sell.

even better news for Canadians is i'm a Vortech dealer and an FS/SCT dealer and i can get the Pro-M MAF and the 55lb/hr injectors....whoring myself i know, but this package is available to ALL Canadians at a good price and a huge savings over dealing direct with the states!

also, i'm going to be building a prototype FMIC to be used with the Vortech kits to give everyone another option for intake charge cooling. chances are it will be less than upgrading to the Vortech aftercooler which is a $1600cnd option over the kit without the aftercooler. i could probably do a decent sized FMIC and tubing package for $1200cnd with everythig needed SVT or Zetec.

Canadian retail on the Vortech SVT or Zetec Tuner kits is about $3650 for the satin kit, $3975 for the polished kit.
Canadian retail on the Vortech SVT or Zetec Tuner kits with the Aftercooler is about $5300 for the satin and $5675 for the polished kit.
hopefully i can offer the FMIC upgrade for $1200-1400cnd depending on the size of the exchanger

Pro-M MAF for 55lb injectors will probably be about $350-400cnd
55lb injectors will run you about $320-360cnd

FS/SCT chips are $410cnd for the Zetec
i'm waiting on the SVT tuner price....
additional programs are $35cnd

hmmmm, i'm thinking about doing this myself now.

oh yeah, buy the whole package from me and i'll give you guys a KILLER deal!
and myself or my associate at Bishopsales(owner: jeff danns) wont charge you guys full retail on just the Vortech kits either! somebody's gotta hook up the canadians because nobody else will!
D-Dub,Aug 13 2004, 06:15 PM Wrote:I think your thinking about saleen09 tom built his engine up, hes had a picture step by step somewhere.
Nope. Saleen09 has a fully built Tom engine. Slickshoes has a Marcy motorsports engine. It sounds like stock internals with a heavily massaged cylinder head with stock cams. They both have Vortech's and now they both have new engines... I think I'd wait and see if any more blow up before I'd run out and get an SVT Vortech kit.
i like TQ :D
DD1,Aug 14 2004, 12:42 PM Wrote:i like TQ :D
yeah, you neon lover, you also like beer.... stf... :lol:

btw: I drove a suped up srt-4 that was at my dad dealership, the thing was fun as hell, I took pics for you, its black with silver stripes and red tinted window, those window sure make you aggressive... :lol:
darkpuppet,Aug 13 2004, 02:26 PM Wrote:Torque is nice if you're trying to win drag races, but it can kill day-to-day driveability.

So while it's nice to be the fastest off the line, it only counts if you're fast at the end.
isn't that the other way around? :huh:

high hp = having to rev the s**t out of your engine to hit goodpower...ie. great for racers, shitty for day-to-day and city driving.

low end torque = good off-the-line power and day-to-day driveability because the power is in a more useable range.

mmmmmm...1.8T ;)

01-yellow-ZX3

Quote:mmmmmm...1.8T

Amen...

Hopefully will be my next vehicle...that or a supercharged VR6...droool...
I could of easily bought 2 complete turbo setups this summer but Im still in the waiting process and learning more about them. What kind of kit can you get in for the Zetec engine. I got some major plans for next summer.
thabrat,Aug 18 2004, 02:44 AM Wrote:I could of easily bought 2 complete turbo setups this summer but Im still in the waiting process and learning more about them. What kind of kit can you get in for the Zetec engine. I got some major plans for next summer.
Theres the pectel kit....Tom's kit...those are the ones sold WITH tuning. Thats the biggest part...Tuning.
Pages: 1 2