FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Brookszx3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey BROOKSZX3, I noticed on your tag on Steeda.ca you say "the last new SVT focus sold in Canada" Can you tell me when you bought yours? I just bought my 2003 BRAND NEW on June 16th 2004. It was a left over demo with only 500km on it. Not trying to steal your thunder, it just got me thinking.
his is a 2004 and it was the last "BRAND NEW" meaning not a demo...

a 2003 demo is not a brand new car even thought it seem brand new to you.

btw, congrat on your purchase.
lol no worries man. Yeah, mine is an 04, so I should have made that clear cause I know there was an 03 at another dealer too. I bought on June 30, 2004. That info came from my dealer when they were attempting to locate one for me. Locater indicated 4 left in canada, 1 in calgary, 1 in ottawa, and 2 in st thomas... when they called to get a dealer trade the only ones left were calgary and st thomas... (both were reluctant to return calls, in fact mine was spoken for from someone else but it fell thru ;) ) So by the time we secured mine in st thomas, there were no more to be found on the dealer locater... so it's possible someone may have a later purchase date than me in calgary, but whatever lol

Congrats on your purchase too! :D Where did you buy from?
mine actually had 198 kms on it by the time it arrived at my dealer from the trade(about 60 km I'd say). I suppose between that and test drives, fueling up, and the staff maybe beating on it a few times... who knows?

Now I have 5025kms :o :P :P good thing she's gonna get stored over winter!
Hey frenchie :lol: a '03 with 500km is pretty brand new! Thanks for the warm welcom guys.
Mine's got 2563km so far bought a Keystone Ford in Winnipeg.
I think the SPI is going to the better half and we're looking for a slightly-warmed up SVT after the wedding next spring :D

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the club :)
That's interesting. I know there are still 3 brand new SVTF's sitting at Advantage Ford in Calgary right now.

Our dealer rep continually updates his SVT and Saleen inventory for the SVTOA. Here is what he currently has:

Quote:1 2003 Cobra Coupe 10th Anniversary Black
1 2003 SVT Focus 5 Dr
1 2003 SVT Focus 3 Dr
3 2004 Lightning
1 2004 SVT Focus 3 Dr
11 2004 Cobra Convertible

SALEEN
2 SALEEN S281 Convertible
1 SALEEN Cobra Coupe
1 SALEEN S281 Convertible in Lizstick Red

PRE-OWNED
2001 Cobra Convertible 27k Mineral Grey
2003 Cobra Coupe 9k Black

Two new 2003's and one new 2004.
doh! lol calgary told us that one was sold, so it must have fell thru... so one 04 3Dr SVT left in canada boys and girls ;)
I have an appointment at that dealership on Saturday. While I'm there I'll check and see if it's left the lot yet... :)
:( I'm gonna have to update my profile to 2nd last lol

regardless... it's the shiznat! :ph34r:
Totally! This is the best handling car I have ever owned.
I just put my stock continentals & svt wheels back on the car tonight, ready for testing on Friday... :o I want my fusions back on!! Even though the fusions aren't the most aggressive tire, they have a very nice sensation on the road. These feel like i'm above the road, almost hovering on the tires... strange lol

I haven't driven on these tires yet, so let's hope I keep it on the track!

But still... I agree it's such a treat to corner either way :D

ps the fusions were 40's instead of 45's too, so...
Speaking of Lasts, I think i was first ST with a purchase date of MAY 20/04 the think wasn't a month old from the factory produced april 27th i think, has 8400km on it now B)
The last svt focus at wood motors in fredericton was sold a few months ago to a buddy of mine's friend. Gots lots of cobra's and lightning's though.

01-yellow-ZX3

Quote:Mine's got 2563km so far bought a Keystone Ford in Winnipeg.

Cool, I've been to that dealer a few times.

They've got a crazy selection of SVT's for some reason.
id agree... i drive past keystone daily... lots of lightnings too.
Quote:They've got a crazy selection of SVT's for some reason.

Yeah, of Cobras and Lightnings... They had the worst selection of foci!
I've never seen an SVTF in person that wasn't black or silver. :angry: