FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Am/fm/cd/mp3 Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw at Princess Auto in the surplus section they have some brand new Ford AM/FM/CD/MP3 decks. They are double din size like the focus. The Ford part numbers were covered by the princess auto stickes so I can't tell what they are originally for. They were 149.99.
ah princess auto, the one in k-w shut down, it was in the same plaza as XSCargo.
I dont think double din will fit the Focus, it is more like 1.5 Din
paolo,Aug 8 2004, 10:56 AM Wrote:I dont think double din will fit the Focus, it is more like 1.5 Din
Nope, double.
the kitchener one didnt shut down its even bigger5 now.... just moved to a different location off of homer watson i think
it moved, good, i didn't see a "we're moving" sign when i went by, so i just assumed.
wait a minute Raine, I checked on "The Other Site" and they said that a double din wont fit the focus without a little bit of modification.
I'm guessing double din.... It's a normal ford sized radio...
now it's my turn to chew you experienced boys up (not you Bluetoy) who think Domestics use Double Din.

Wrong!!! 1.5 Din is what Ford, GM and Chrysler use. Focus is called 1.5 din but is 1.75 din. Don't laugh lol... it's b/c of the funky shape of the Focus' radio.

Now don't go saying "oh but Pontiac Vibe uses double din"... Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota.

I hope you dudes/dudettes who think domestics use double dins aren't da engineers or assembly workers for GM/Ford/Chrysler.
Are they any good the stock mp3players? hows the display listing.. functionality in general
Microbunny has/had one in his C-Dan, I remember listning to it, its pretty nice, I believe it had Midrange knob in the EQ too.
how do i go about getting one? i live in the vaughn area and have never heard of princess auto.
there is a big ass princess auto in mississauga, its on kennedy/courtney park area. I will check it out tomorrow cus im working till 10pm tonite
paolo,Aug 9 2004, 11:39 AM Wrote:there is a big ass princess auto in mississauga, its on kennedy/courtney park area. I will check it out tomorrow cus im working till 10pm tonite
correction paolo

it's on dixie/courtney park area

also check out http://www.princessauto.com you can see everything they have online...not sure if you will see the surplus items on there...

that deck would be sweet to have though!
surplus was empty
Just went back today to have a closer look. They are held in by two screws on the lower edge of the radio. It also looks like they go in before the dash panel because there is a small lip around the edge of the faceplate. I'm sure they could be adapted to fit.
somebody on the jet installed one b/c i have a printout on how to wire one up to the audiophile system
FYI, it uses a Blaupunkt/VW harness. It's a piece of cake to wire up. Just ask me if u are unsure.
ok, had a look at this yesterday, its definately not the same mp3 deck microbunny has in his focus. It looks like it will fit a ranger or something? i dunno. Anyways, I wouldnt buy it, I can prolly get a nice aftermarket deck that plays mp3z for $200.