FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So Who Put There Summer Tires On Already
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know there was a topic a few weeks back about when to put your summer tires on. SO who did and how are you doing in todays weather.

I know I told my buddy not to swap his insurance yet from his Rav 4 to his Modified VR6 Jetta with almost bald performance tires.But he had the summer itch last week and made the swap. I told him to replace his crappy practically bald Hercules summer Tires asap just incase we get some slush and snow on the road he didn't and I got a phone call from him this morning saying he couldn't make it up a hill beside his work so he had to park at the bottom and walk the rest of the way.

ZX3_2NV,Apr 6 2009, 09:30 AM Wrote:I know there was a topic a few weeks back about when to put your summer tires on. SO who did and how are you doing in todays weather.

I know I told my buddy not to swap his insurance yet from his Rav 4 to his Modified VR6 Jetta with almost bald performance tires.But he had the summer itch last week and made the swap. I told him to replace his crappy practically bald Hercules summer Tires asap just incase we get some slush and snow on the road he didn't and I got a phone call from him this morning saying he couldn't make it up a hill beside his work so he had to park at the bottom and walk the rest of the way.
[right][snapback]284327[/snapback][/right]

Went with summer rubber almost 3 weeks ago now ... the stock Michelin Pilots on the Fusion are actually pretty good in the snow and very, very good in the wet. No problems driving the kids to school this morning.
I had my a new set of Falken 912's installed yesterday. They're were fine this morning in the rain/snow/slush.

As an aside, Falken 912's so far, huge bang for you buck, what a great tire.
You'd be fine, regardless, so long as the roads weren't covered in sheets of glare ice. The real danger are the roving packs of morons called "GTA commuters" who don't understand the difference between sunny and inclement weather and thus drive the same in both scenarios.

We're getting quite a bit of snow/sleet today here and guess what? One major accident to report, and that was over half an hour away on the TransCanada toward Ottawa.

Take away the lemmings' licenses and you would all be much better off down there.
Just rain by the time I left for work this morning. I'm more worried for my stepmother though in Aurora, she'll be housebound again if enough snow falls :ph34r:

NefCanuck
I wanted to swap yesterday, but may have to travel north to the office tomorrow...
Might as well wait for May. No point using summer rubber when the temp is hovering between 0 to 5 C daily. Summer rubber's good over 10C.
NikiterZTS,Apr 6 2009, 07:21 AM Wrote:kind of a repost

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...topic=25628&hl=
[right][snapback]284343[/snapback][/right]

Sorta Not really this thread is more directed to the perfomace of the tires in this kinda weather, and to see if anyone else had troubles like my buddy did.
I did the swap about 3 weeks ago aswell. I am glad I don't live north of the city. Although I did need to clean the car off this morning the roads in the GTA are fine. Traffic was slow this morning but there wasn't any snow on the ground.
I swapped over on thursday as i needed to dismount my stock tires for my wheel plans for the season... another week and a half ill have different tires then these nexens...

was a pain driving to work as we got a bit of build up on the roads in slush... once your in the grooves... well you in em
I only change my wheels/tires when its consistently over 10 degrees.
Did the swap before the show and don't regret it. Generals hold up good in this crap and same with the gf's Ku25's.
this thread reminds me that I have order a new set of wheels and tires
Did it last week. My BFG are rated M+S so if the snow stays below 5 cm and the temp stays above -10 I'm okay. Not in the mood to do an unwanted 180 on #5 ever again.
I have had my summer tires+rims on for about 3-4 weeks now, just got home from work in the middle of the snow and the tires were great surprisingly, only spun them once on a back road after giving her a little gas to play a bit :ph34r:
I bought my summers a while back. Been waiting to put them on. I knew it would snow again so I've been holding off.
Hell no , we just had 20 cm of snow in Barrie ! But I can't wait to switch to summers and watch out for our beloved OPP who'll be out soon to make some money on 400 with their zero tolerance bul... :angry:
by the time I woke up it was only rain so my tires were fine. They have better traction than the stock goodyears that came with my fofo.
a few fender benders this morning in Ottawa due to slick roads, Im sure those guys slapped on their summers/all seasons thinking the snow was gone for good.
Pages: 1 2