FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Brakes Dead, Need Help To Replace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well my pads on the front are le fuked, and they need changing now. For the past two days it's been grinding whenever I brake and my father is pretty much saying no driving till I get it fixed. I don't want to spend several hundred dollars at Ford when I figure this can't be too hard. Anyone wanna help me learn how to do this? I can drive to your place in the afternoon (but not far, cause it's really not too safe as it is right now) or you can come here (preferred). I have no jack or jackstands, but I have ratchets, screw drivers and hammers galore (no torque wrench or air compressor tho, so it's manual labour to get them bolts off!). Beer's on me for anyone that can make it/let's me use their place.

EDIT: This must be done TODAY! (Friday)
bump. No one to help a poor mechanically challenged guy for an afternoon?
The only time I can help is tomorrow after 6:30. Have to work night shift today.
if you could come to my place...i can do it i have all the tools air comp jack stands but im in burlington near mapleview mall
paseo,Jul 30 2004, 09:26 AM Wrote:if you could come to my place...i can do it i have all the tools air comp jack stands but im in burlington near mapleview mall
I wish I could make it out Bryan, but the problem is the brakes are so far gone it's kind of unsafe to drive it. Ben, could I borrow a jack/stands?
I take it you don't need a jack and jackstands anymore.

If you plan on doing it today let me know , (416)888-6901, even if I'm at work, erin will be home and you can get the jackstands and stuff from here.