FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Carbon Fiber Hatch Trim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sooo i rember hearing dan saying he could make one lol sooo when we gonna get cracking on it:D

i think it would look really good and i'll be ur first customer:D
its a waste of time.......... but easy to do. Dan or I couldmake you one..... it simple you could do it yourself.
speaking of carbon fiber. I want a carbon fiber lip for my rs front bumper :D
CARELESSmtrsprts,Jul 29 2004, 05:10 PM Wrote:its a waste of time.......... but easy to do. Dan or I couldmake you one..... it simple you could do it yourself.
Haha.. I still dont understand why people post things like "it's a waste of time" in an appearance mod section. Obviously to him it might be worth his time, if that's the goal he's trying to achieve.

I remember Shmee talking about making something like that in the near future, but not sure when it'll be done or how much it'll be.

If you bug Dan enough he'll do anything though.
Carbon fiber lip.

CARELESSmtrsprts some of us take more care of are cars then DD1 lol
thabrat,Jul 30 2004, 12:14 AM Wrote:some of us take more care of are cars then DD1 lol
Hahhahaah.... pretty funny....

when I said it was a waste of time... I didnt mean it was a waste of time to have such a part on a car... I meant it was a waste of time for someone to pay to get it made....cause its so simple to do.
it may be simple for a guy like you who has been making a lot of CF stuff, but for someone like the average joe who knows nothing, its not as simple man!
I really want a cf lip for my rs front. think you can whip one up :D
if its soo easy to make MAKE ME ONE! i'll pay for it as long as its a reasonable price

i would attempt it but i havent even worked with fiber glass let alone carbon fiber so i wouldnt even know where to start.

SOMEONE MAKE A HOW TO
I'll buy one too....if somebody is able to make it..!
It is sorta a waste to pay all the money you would to have this piece made out of CF, when it doesnt do anything at all good for your car.

Cf for looks is ... (y)/(n) .. meh...

It is super dooper simple to make though...
id rather have a carbon fiber hood...yea who wants to make me one of those :lol:
I want carbon fiber lip..
Where can you buy the material...I wouldnt mind tackling some CF... B)
At 80 bucks a yard + you need clear resin .. its not cheap.

To do it technically properly.. you need clear gel coat to put ontop.... but tim seems to have good luck with lots of clear coat. Which is a cheaper route.

Its also really tempermental. You have to be semi decent in working with fiberglass since you want that weave to look good.

My advice... do lots of fiberglass stuff first... before making the transition.
tdot-zx3,Aug 4 2004, 04:06 PM Wrote:At 80 bucks a yard + you need clear resin .. its not cheap.

To do it technically properly.. you need clear gel coat to put ontop.... but tim seems to have good luck with lots of clear coat. Which is a cheaper route.

Its also really tempermental. You have to be semi decent in working with fiberglass since you want that weave to look good.

My advice... do lots of fiberglass stuff first... before making the transition.
So its really not....

Quote:It is super dooper simple to make though...

then heh? :P :lol:
Well me and Tim arent just starting off
weve both made alot of things and are really used to working with cloth...

Thats all im saying.

Im still waiting for my cf lip.....
thabrat,Aug 4 2004, 06:02 PM Wrote:Im still waiting for my cf lip.....
LOL c'mon boys, that's his 4th request in this thread alone! When's your birthday Jay? :P