FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How To Remove Calibers Quick!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where are the 2 points to remove the calipers from the disc anyone plz...and what socket do i need? plz plz plz.
There's only 2 bolts, at the back of the caliper. I forget the size...between 14mm and 18mm for sure.

It's not hard at all and very easy to figure out when you are looking at it.
yea i got it...but now i have to go find the right head...its not even a bolt its indented thats gay!!! need like a screwdriver or somthing...i decided to do my back first my god are my drums rusty...so rusty they kinda rusty welded themselves to the rims what a bitch to get them off.
So it's either a TORX or something?

It's been a while since I did the brakes..let alone owned a Focus ;)
its a hex key thing...
the search continues...but i got the rear drums painted no more ugly rusty orange...
may sound stupid but did you take the cap off. The cap is flat and a little slot so it looks like a screw. You just pry it off. Then it should be a 10mm hex key. Its been a while. Wish I would have seen this about a 1/2 hour ago before I rotated my tires.
i know its a hex key...argh so i was searching for one; i had one size smaller hex and one size bigger but not the one... oh well the calipers will have to stay gray and not blue for another day. On the bright side i got my drums painted and i cleaned my engine up...and for somthing to do i used some of the blue enamel on the battery box cover.

Tommorow intake and Magnaflow exhaust go on HURRAY!!!
You don't need to take the Calipers off to paint 'em

Just mask everything off in the wheel-well and paint away!
but thats harder to get around everything to paint the full caliper its easier just to remove and paint...but if i dont find that hex then ill do that and ill mask the discs good i saw a pic of someone who didnt.