FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Air Conditioning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any suggestions about removing a mouldy, damp smell when the A/C is on.
Have tried two or three different mould removers, but none of them have worked.
Would appreeciate it.
I have heard that turning the A/C off a few minutes before you turn your car off will help to keep water condensation from building up and making that smell.
dansmurf,Jul 28 2004, 01:54 AM Wrote:I have heard that turning the A/C off a few minutes before you turn your car off will help to keep water condensation from building up and making that smell.
Yes, do this and crank up the fan too!
ZTWsugardaddy,Jul 28 2004, 02:45 AM Wrote:
dansmurf,Jul 28 2004, 01:54 AM Wrote:I have heard that turning the A/C off a few minutes before you turn your car off will help to keep water condensation from building up and making that smell.
Yes, do this and crank up the fan too!
I AGREE.
yup, I turn off the A/C when i'm a block from home.
I also turn the A/C off a block before parking. Too late for you now, but if ya go to an auto parts place and ask for a special air spray (think it's name is Pure Air) that you spray into the air inlet under the wipers while the fan is on high, this should take care of your smell. It will also get kill the mould, mildew and bacteria, which cause the smell.
CanadaSVT,Aug 6 2004, 02:08 PM Wrote:http://www.id-usa.com/product.asp?CID=9&PID=101
ROTFL... This is what they say!!! Contains no gases!!!!! :P

AC “Pure Air”
Dispensed with Handy Pump Spray Nozzle into Air Air Conditioner Vents & Air Intake Ducts
• Contains No Gases