FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is It Rare To ......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i hear that its a pretty rare thing to have a focus without A/C? is this true? and if so what about ABS Brakes?
I dont think it's that rare.. my car doesnt have A/C either. Maybe in some different places there'd be different proportions of cars with and without A/C depending on the climate. On an "economy" car, barebones base-models are pretty common.
You can get a barebone zx3 without ABS but I think they say that A/C is standard.
As far as I know, they were both options when ordering.....
I think it also depends what year you buy.. check out ford.ca for info on the 2004 and 2005 models.

According to ford.ca, in 2004 A/C is standard on everything but the LX and the ZX3 (non-premium), 3-door and 5-door SVTs.. it lists is as "unavailable" on those models, but standard on all other models. Doesnt look completely reliable, that's for sure.
When I ordered my Focus, which is Jan 00. There is only 3 option I can have.
1) A/C
2) Smoking option
3) Auto

I really hope I have an option for PW/ABS/moomproof.... <_<
i dont have A/C on my 2k ZX3...i got the barebones and thats what i wanted. I think Fog lights were optional. All i looked for in my ZX3 was standard, white and fog lights.
I think it may be pretty rare. I did not see many in the shop or on the dealership lot that did not have AC.
When ordering you have the options yes even in 2000, but the reason there aren't many most likely was because the dealers ordered them all with AC since most people want it....in the south anyways.

Because when looking at the lot for NEW 2000 Focus' back then, I'm pretty damn sure most of them were with AC
ZX3 Premium came with A/C. This is the one I ordered. There was another package, I am not sure if it was the standard option, which came without AC??
I have A/C and a sunroof but no ABS in my 01 ZX3. Who needs ABS anyways.
When we had the rear wheel bearing recall they had different kits for cars with ABS. I remember reading that ABS was only in about 5% of the Focus. Not positive on that #. Any other Ford techs remember it?
When I was looking for a ZX3 with abs they said there was only 1 in Calgary and it would take 2 weeks it was either that or wait 1 month, I said screw that Ill just pick up a zx5 and it came with everything so I was happy.
dansmurf,Jul 27 2004, 05:11 PM Wrote:When we had the rear wheel bearing recall they had different kits for cars with ABS. I remember reading that ABS was only in about 5% of the Focus. Not positive on that #. Any other Ford techs remember it?
ive probably seen about 2 or 3 focus' without a/c come through my dealership.

there were lots with abs...I would say almost a 50/50 mix, or if anything more with abs than without, during that recall period. The only difference between the two kits was that the ABS had the little magnetic sensor ring included in the kit.

there was also a different recall kit for the disc brake focus, but I never had to do one of these...that was probably the 5% you are talking about.

we just sold a brand new 2004 bare bones 4 door from my dealer a few months ago, no options on it at all! not even A/C! it even had a tape deck and no CD player! It sold for about $11,300 if anyone was curious...not bad for a brand new car!
Bare bones all the way...i heart my barebones focus.
boost til'bust,Jul 28 2004, 12:0 Wrote:
dansmurf,Jul 27 2004, 05:11 PM Wrote:When we had the rear wheel bearing recall they had different kits for cars with ABS. I remember reading that ABS was only in about 5% of the Focus. Not positive on that #. Any other Ford techs remember it?
ive probably seen about 2 or 3 focus' without a/c come through my dealership.

there were lots with abs...I would say almost a 50/50 mix, or if anything more with abs than without, during that recall period. The only difference between the two kits was that the ABS had the little magnetic sensor ring included in the kit.

there was also a different recall kit for the disc brake focus, but I never had to do one of these...that was probably the 5% you are talking about.

we just sold a brand new 2004 bare bones 4 door from my dealer a few months ago, no options on it at all! not even A/C! it even had a tape deck and no CD player! It sold for about $11,300 if anyone was curious...not bad for a brand new car!
Now that you mention it, it was disk brakes that I was thinking of. In our shop it was still not very common for ABS. I would guess as you get farther north abs becomes more comon and AC becomes less common.
My 2K ZX3 was also a barebones job without AC, although I regretted it later in the summer not having it on the car.
Actually I have the books for the Focus from the Dealerships for 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 models. I take a book every now & then when my car's in for service.

here are the options lists & models they came in

LX Sedan comes with nothing standard other then the 2.0L SPI engine, with 5 speed. For features it's options these & there are only 5 to choose from & they were: A/C is the 1st option, Side air bags is the next followed by remote entry, automatic, & alarm. the radio was cassette with four basic speekers.

Optional Security group 2000 - 2002 for the LX

Alarm, ABS, & side airbags, with remote entry

SE Sedan & Wagon ( 2000 - 2004 ) base - Everything is an option,

2.0L SPI engine is standard & so is the cassette player

Automatic is an opiton
SE Comfort Basic: comes with A/C, remote entry, floor mats.
SE Convenience Package basic: is telescoping steering wheel, maps lights, cruise control, rear head rests, single CD player
SE Power Group: is these options: windows & mirrors

options on the SE sedans & wagons were: preimum stereo, or Audio File 6 disk system with better speekers, & alarm

SE Sport Sedans came with the same options available to them with the basic features as above in 2001 but with this Sport package as the standard feature for this model.

Sport Group : 2.0L Zetec engine, 15" multi-spoke rims with p195/60R15 tires, integrated fog lights, leather - wraped steering wheel, tachometer

Options on the sport model: preimum stereo, or Audio File 6 disk system with better speekers, sun roof, alarm & ABS:

ZTS Sedan ( 2000 to current ) & Wagon ( 2002 & on )

standard features are the following: Comfort & Convenience Packages, Power group, 2.0L Zetec engine, 16' 5 spoke Rims on P205/16Rx16 tires

options were: 100 anniversery ( 2003 ), automatic, moon roof ( 2002 to current, it's larger then the sun roof ) sun roof ( 2000 - 2001 ) Sport package, advance trac ( 2000 - early 2004 ) side airbags, MP 3 player with audio file ( 2002 - current ) Leather seating, preimum stereo, or Audio File 6 disk system with better speekers, Alarm & ABS.

ZX3 basic :

comes with features this to choose from & they were: A/C is an option, remote entry, automatic, & alarm. the radio was cassette with four basic speekers, & the 2.0L Zetec engine came standard

ZX3 Premium features above are Standard & include: 15" multi-spoke rims with p195/60R15 tires, integrated fog lights, leather - wraped steering wheel, tachometer.

Options : Automatic, preimum stereo, or Audio File 6 disk system with better speekers, sun roof, alarm, ABS, Advance Trac ( 2002 & on ) Leather seats ( 2003 & on ) 16' 5 spoke Rims on P205/16Rx16 tires ( 2003 & on )

And the following packages & groups as options:

Comfort: comes with A/C, remote entry, floor mats.
Convenience Package basic: is telescoping steering wheel, maps lights, cruise control, rear head rests, single CD player
Power Group: windows & mirrors