FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Curious...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else here ever notice their car makes a hot, kinda burning smell if you're working it hard for an extended period of time? What I mean is, say if I drive between 140 and 160 km/h for more than 5 mins straight, or try to drive more than 120km/h up and incline like the Hamilton Mountain, my car makes a hot burning smell...kinda like the smell a lot of cars make if they haven't been pushed hard in a long time, or if they have been doing a lot of city driving...

I just wonder if maybe it's my exhaust manifold or cat or exhaust or something getting really hot under a load/highspeed...

Anyone know what I mean?

I'm sure my engine isn't consuming any oil or antifreeze, and none of my iginition or batter cables look burnt/corroded...

Nature of the beast with the Zetec?
I've noticed my car makes a weird hot stink, actually it's the same smell as my old F150. I always figured it was just crud on the block cooking.
Yea my ZX3 does that when i autocross...but then again that could just be my rubber burning on the corners.