FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Back In A Domestic!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As most of you know I will be getting married in May. My Future wife and I were planning to pick up a new Edge after the wedding for us to share but with all the options we wanted it got quite expensive. With the release of the new Edge we were tempted to wait but heard thru the grape wine that the Ecoboost won't be out till 2011. So that left us debating on what to do when an offer fell onto our laps that was very hard to pass up so we pulled the trigger and here is.

2008 Limited Edition MKX
[Image: IMG00045-20100320-104300.jpg]

THX sound system, Nav, Vista Roof, Power Hatch, 20" Wheels, Limited Edition Leather and a bunch of other toys. Were picking it up tonight and the best thing is 0 Down No payments for 6 months with an open finance. So we have 6 months to save some cash and knock off a good chunk of change and then re finance and get lower monthly payments :D Hmm I wonder if she will let be put some 22" and a 3d carbon kit on it :ph34r:

[Image: BotfB6BmkKGrHqQOKj4Et10i4wBLoioCLvb.jpg]

congrats Drew....I like those.

AWD?
Sweet
Does it have the SYNC system as well?

If it does you'll want to double check which version of the SYNC S/W that the car has.

NefCanuck
Yes AWD and yes it does have SYNC What should I be checking for?
Ohh and It was made by the good old boys at Oakville
ZX3_2NV,Mar 23 2010, 10:52 AM Wrote:Yes AWD and yes it does have SYNC What should I be checking for?
Ohh and It was made by the good old boys at Oakville
[right][snapback]303759[/snapback][/right]

Okay sign up to syncmyride.com, enter your VIN and you will be then given access to version checker software that you download to a USB stick and then run it in the car. After that you upload the results and the website will tell you what version you are running.

Likely as not though, you're probably running version 1.1 or so.

The highest version that can be self installed is 1.3 IIRC. Anything higher requires a trip to a Ford dealer (V.2.0+)

Only reason to do that IMO is the 911 Assist which will call 911 in the event that the airbags deploy and using your phone call for assistance. That upgrade is dealer only, expect to pay around $80 or so. In the US you also have access to the Vehicle Health Report function but it's not available in Canada :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
Hmm I'll have to chat with my Ford guy to see what he can do for me. At least It can be upgraded thats good news.
nice ride.
congrats Drew, you'll love it for sure.
VERY nice!

Looks like and SVTF on steroids lol
Thanks Guys I really like it and the fiance loves it. Insurance was decent aswell but not looking forward to the payments boo.
Man that's one sick ride, i've been loving the new Lincolns! Congrats!
hehe my parents were looking at that too. they're nice!
so your gonna be on mkxcanada.net anytime soon?
Love the rear of those, that full width tail light is hawt...And speaking of hawt...
[Image: 112_0710_07z+2008_lincoln_mkx+barrys_speed_shop.jpg]
With 22's some bad ass big brake kit would look good behind 'em
Naw won't waste money with the brakes there already really good but himmmm 22's would be pretty sweet, But 1st mod if any would be the 3d carbon kit.
Looks awesome, and congrats!