FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mach/svt Hid Headlamps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just e-mailed five of my nearest ford dealership around the Toronto area which is Freeway, Donway, East-Court, Markville, and Shanahan. I asked them if they have the mach/svt hid headlamps in stock and how much they are. I also asked them how much it would cost to install them for me. (hehe not that im planning to let them install them :)). Anyway, i just wanted the price and see if they even have them.

I am still waiting for a reply from East-Court and Donway. The funny thing is Markville and Shanahan tells me that the HID headlamps are not available in Canada and the closest thing are those black double projectors. LoL, then Markville tells me that the projectors are $1100cdn plus $180 to install. Shanahan tells me they are $1200cdn. Am i asking for the wrong thing? Those HID are called Mach/Svt HID right?

The closest chance i have right now is Freeway SVT Ford. This is what they told me, "Those headlights are available from Ford on a 1 day turnaround time.
They are rather expensive at $589.37 each but we could wholesale them out at
$470.00 each." Im not even sure if they are talking about the Mach or the crappy projectors...

Anyone have any ideas where i can get these Mach HID? Anywhere BUT the internet? I don't trust the internet purchases...I think Donway might have these HID since i believe they started OFOC.CA...but im not sure if it would cost more at Donway, just waiting for their reply.
Yeah any Canadian dealership should probably tell you that they cant sell you the mach HID lights. Make sure you get the part numbers (2M5Z-13008-HC [right], 2M5Z-13008-HD [left]) to doublecheck.

Ford parts catalog will have the dual projector headlights for around $1100-1200 also, so a parts guy could get confused since it's not likely they've seen the difference between the two in person. I believe these projectors are made by Hella for Ford, but I'm not positive.

You could locate a dealership in the US that might ship them to you, or something.. but you'd have to check with them.
Chances are... they're confused about what lights you are asking for.

The lights you are looking for are NOT available in Canada.
WOW.. the price is really going up on these.. i just checked fordparts.com and they are selling for $389usd each side plus shipping

its too bad you weren't around when i was trying to sell my set

your best bet is to find someone on FJ who is trying to get rid of them, or just take the hit and get them from a US dealer.

another route you could go with is getting one of those HID retrofit kits that fit into a H4 housing. those are around 400usd last time i checked

if you just want light and don't care about 'the look' a heavy duty wiring harness and 100w bulbs would do the trick for around 50usd
I priced them out at a local dealer and was there in person so that when the lights came up on their parts screen i could see if they were the acual HIDs or not. They were and got quoted like $600 a side before tax! :o

You're also going to be looking at around $90 for each jumper harness, 'cause the list price for mine were $88. and change each! :o :o

But they were willing to order them in for me

I got my HIDs off a guy on Ebay, brand new for $530us
I also got a price for the HID lights. I had the part number but i cant remember it at this time. I think i got the lights priced at either Dixie ford @ 401 & dixie, or kennedy ford in oakville... i think its off the 403 @ dorval. If you want to make sure, visit a SVT dealership, cause they have borchurs with the lights in it, and you can show them so they know they are lookin up the right one.
naz,Jul 21 2004, 07:50 AM Wrote:another route you could go with is getting one of those HID retrofit kits that fit into a H4 housing. those are around 400usd last time i checked
Never, I repeat, Never go for the retrofit kits, you will loose your high beam, and you will blind everybody with glaire.

As for where I bought my HIDs, I found a poster on MFF who was selling these lights through a group buy who happened to work for a Ford parts department in Las Vegas. He was able to pass on a discount for the lights to everybody who bought them. I ended up buying them for $300 US for a pair, which was a steal, cus ford accidentally listed the wrong price when they first came out.

As for spending $1000 and up on these lights, it is still worth it man, Volkswagen and other car companies are selling their HID lights for $2000 and upwards, so $1000 is still a bargan to me.
Wow, i never knew these HID were not available in Canada...The only Svt ford I know around is Freeway Ford on Kennedy right across from Town and Country BMW...hehe btw, they are selling their 03 Svt 3 dr for $20,999...hehe i think its cheaper to buy one of those than to get a zx3 and get a $5000 supercharger.

Anyway, so if i give the dealers the part number, they can order it for me right?
I just got a reply from East-Court ford....this is what they told me...

THE SVT HID HEADLIGHTS CAN NOT BE RETRO FITTED TO A FOCUS THAT WAS NOT ORIG EQUIPED WITH THEM. IT IS MORE THAN JUST INSTALLING A NEW SET OF HEADLIGHTS. HOWEVER FORD DOES MAKE A PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT KIT THAT WE SELL FOR 895.00 PLUS ISTALL+TAXES. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE REP

Ok, wait a min...so its impossible for my 03 ZTS to have the Mach HID??? I've read instuctions that we just need to buy some VW wiring or harness and it would work just fine, can somebody confirm that my ZTS can have these HID please?
Ford is Stoopid. Dont listen to them.
Yeah, dont listen to Ford, I mentioned it to my dealership about the HID lights and the different wiring harness, and they said it couldnt be done, then I pulled in the next day later and showed them, and their jaws dropped!

As for HIDs not being sold in Canada, they were able to get them for a short period of time, and if they still have them in stock, they are able to sell them, odds are, it will be really hard to find a dealer selling them here

There IS a difference from the Hella projectors and mach hids, the hids are bi-xenon, while the projectors are halogen and can be upgraded to xenon, but it will cost more than buying the mach hids alone.
For an idea about what a real HID headlight is worth.. bosseuroparts.com sells the Hella dual projector halogen lights for $713.70, and the same ones with the HID Xenon low beam for $1962.84.

If you want to upgrade to a better headlight system and dont want to spend that much, or dont like the dual projector style, you might want to consider the 2002+ european headlights, listed at $488.xx it's quite a bit cheaper. They are halogen headlights but the light output should be better, beams are better or something.

As far as headlights go, you have quite a few options.. HID is probably the most expensive one, but definitely the best. And what paolo said about the HID retrofit kits is true.. they are illegal because putting an HID bulb in a halogen reflector will scatter the light and blind oncoming traffic.
Ok, so my best bets are that i can find the cheapest off the internet? But i don't trust some pplz on ebay, is there anywhere else i can get these HID new? and ship them up here?

hehe btw, if i do get them, any members interested in installing them for me? :)
Spyder01,Jul 21 2004, 03:10 PM Wrote:Ok, so my best bets are that i can find the cheapest off the internet? But i don't trust some pplz on ebay, is there anywhere else i can get these HID new? and ship them up here?
Well fordparts.com has them:

2M5Z-13008-HC HD/LP ASSEMBLY-RIGHT HAND $388.63
2M5Z-13008-HD HD/LP ASSEMBLY-LEFT HAND $388.63
Subtotal: $777.26
Ground shipping: $77.73
2-day shipping: $116.59
Overnight shipping: $155.45

So the cheapest shipping option would make it out to $854.99USD = $1,130.72CAD

Although I'm not sure if fordparts.com ships to Canada.. and if they do, expect to pay all applicable taxes when it comes over the border, and also brokerage fees depending on what courier service they use to ship things.

Definitely not cheap, but probably the cheapest/easiest way to get them new.
guilty,Jul 21 2004, 11:03 PM Wrote:
Spyder01,Jul 21 2004, 03:10 PM Wrote:Ok, so my best bets are that i can find the cheapest off the internet?  But i don't trust some pplz on ebay, is there anywhere else i can get these HID new? and ship them up here?
Well fordparts.com has them:

2M5Z-13008-HC HD/LP ASSEMBLY-RIGHT HAND $388.63
2M5Z-13008-HD HD/LP ASSEMBLY-LEFT HAND $388.63
Subtotal: $777.26
Ground shipping: $77.73
2-day shipping: $116.59
Overnight shipping: $155.45

So the cheapest shipping option would make it out to $854.99USD = $1,130.72CAD

Although I'm not sure if fordparts.com ships to Canada.. and if they do, expect to pay all applicable taxes when it comes over the border, and also brokerage fees depending on what courier service they use to ship things.

Definitely not cheap, but probably the cheapest/easiest way to get them new.
Thanks for the parts number :). lol applicable tax?!?! what the heck does that NAFTA cover?!?!
haha Ship it to Dansmurf's or Ondafritz's house in buffalo and drive over the border one day and pick it up.
Spyder01,Jul 21 2004, 06:33 PM Wrote:Thanks for the parts number :). lol applicable tax?!?! what the heck does that NAFTA cover?!?!
Heh.. NAFTA doesnt cover GST and PST. You're a Canadian taxpayer, pay your taxes!! NAFTA covers the duty charges that you'd normally pay when importing something from another country. It's around 18.5% of the declared value or something I think..

And if they ship via FedEx or UPS, those companies will bill you for the taxes plus whatever brokerage fee they decide to charge you. USPS (United States Postal Service) will send it through to the border, then Canada Customs will charge you the taxes on the declared value, plus a $5 handling fee.

It's one of those big hassles you go through when buying things across the border, but if it's not available here then there's not much else you can do.