FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Not Happy With Dealership.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm telling this story because I want to see what you would do in my position.
I recently got a service level 4 done on 2001 SE.(90000km). The inspection ( as most of you know) covered the suspension, steering, etc. When they finished they said everything was good to go. Less than 100 clicks later, my tie rod goes, whcih makes me think, did they actually inspect it? I plan on calling the dealer today and tell him that i'm not happy at all and this is how they treat me? What would you do? What do you think they will do? I'll post later what they said. :)
first off. I would talk about the Tie Rod...not the Tire Rod...;)

That's a bit funky that it would be gone though..at 90K? :ph34r:
I'd go back to the dealership and ask them what they did to my tie rod! If they don't fix it with free labour, then I'd never go back to that hellhole again. What dealership was this? P.S. The best mechanics DO NOT work at dealerships or Canadian Tire :lol:

Focus'are slow

I'tell you its all about service you should look into a KIA they rock I get free oil changes and a 10 year bumper to bumper warrenty B) Just some food for thought

O ya I am new here What's up

Reberto
What do you mean "gone through"?
CanadaSVT,Jul 20 2004, 04:06 PM Wrote:I'd go back to the dealership and ask them what they did to my tie rod! If they don't fix it with free labour, then I'd never go back to that hellhole again. What dealership was this? P.S. The best mechanics DO NOT work at dealerships or Canadian Tire :lol:
What do you mean??
Focus'are slow,Jul 20 2004, 12:1 Wrote:I'tell you its all about service you should look into a KIA they rock I get free oil changes and a 10 year bumper to bumper warrenty B) Just some food for thought

O ya I am new here What's up

Reberto
You drive a KIA and you have focus rslow for your name. We all know focus are slow.....but for a KIA driver to come join a focus club with this kind of name???? Are you begging to get flamed? :lol:

Oh, and welcome to the club ;) :D

Back on topic.....What I would do is simply ask them why they didnt notice this 100Km ago and what caused the problem in the first place. If they start feeding you BS, start looking for a new dealership :)
CanadaSVT,Jul 20 2004, 04:06 PM Wrote:I'd go back to the dealership and ask them what they did to my tie rod! If they don't fix it with free labour, then I'd never go back to that hellhole again. What dealership was this? P.S. The best mechanics DO NOT work at dealerships or Canadian Tire :lol:
I dont know how you can compare dealerships to canadian tire :rolleyes:

and where exactly do all these "best mechanics" work?
If you bent a tie rod, I have a hard time believeing it just "went" I had to hit a curb while sliding on ice to bend mine. Are you sure you didn't hit any potholes or anything of the sort? This is a piece of metal and I and the dealership will have a hard time beliving it "just gave out" ;) 99.9999% sure this is your fault somehow. This is a piece that just doesn't "break" after a certain amount of kilometres.
boost til'bust,Jul 20 2004, 04:3 Wrote:
CanadaSVT,Jul 20 2004, 04:06 PM Wrote:I'd go back to the dealership and ask them what they did to my tie rod!  If they don't fix it with free labour, then I'd never go back to that hellhole again.  What dealership was this?  P.S. The best mechanics DO NOT work at dealerships or Canadian Tire :lol:
I dont know how you can compare dealerships to canadian tire :rolleyes:

and where exactly do all these "best mechanics" work?
^^ Peter is a Ford mechanic :lol: :lol: foot in mouth syndrome lol

Anyway Flo has the right idea, both with Mr Kia - welcome aboard - and the dealer. The key is to find out why it was missed. In all reality, if they had discovered that you needed to have it replaced while in for service you would have paid right? So to demand they pay for it is not likely to work. The issue is that you have to bring it back a second time... inconvenience You should be asking for a break on cost to return when they should have picked that up on the last visit. I'm sure they didn't 'do anything to your tie rod'.

Good luck

Well I called the dealer, I told him what was wrong, he agreed that there was a problem, he said he would find out which tech did it and call me back. well he called back and said that they should of picked up on it and he gave me a 80 dollar credit, which is great! (after i said the hell with you, i'm going somewheres else) :)
80 bucks is better then no bucks EH?
80 bucks is an hour+ of free labour... not bad at all.
BrooksZX3,Jul 20 2004, 01:29 PM Wrote:80 bucks is an hour + free labour... not bad at all.
Wish I made 80 bucks an hour :rolleyes:
DD1,Jul 20 2004, 05:30 PM Wrote:
BrooksZX3,Jul 20 2004, 01:29 PM Wrote:80 bucks is an hour + free labour... not bad at all.
Wish I made 80 bucks an hour :rolleyes:
you get a cold and sit at home on your lazy ass and still make 80/hr bastard <_<
Jays2000ZX3,Jul 20 2004, 10:39 AM Wrote:first off. I would talk about the Tie Rod...not the Tire Rod...;)

That's a bit funky that it would be gone though..at 90K? :ph34r:
Mine gone at 60,000 km
Paparoach,Jul 20 2004, 05:50 PM Wrote:
Jays2000ZX3,Jul 20 2004, 10:39 AM Wrote:first off. I would talk about the Tie Rod...not the Tire Rod...;)

That's a bit funky that it would be gone though..at 90K?  :ph34r:
Mine gone at 60,000 km
LOL...I was just going through some old service receipts..

whatdayaknow....tie rod @ 30K......under warranty to. :lol:
tie rods dont go too often on focus'. But it really is just a crapshoot to determine when it will go.

did yours actually break? or did it just have some play in it?

when they break, the most common thing I hear is that it breaks during low speed turns, such as parking, its when they go outside there normal travel, and the joint is a little siezed to begin with. It happens more frequently on some ford trucks, like navigators and expeditions.

sometimes you really cant feel any play in them, and thats all you can really check on an inspection. Its sounds like the dealer is being pretty fair with you, an $80 credit sounds pretty good.

and, just another comment on that mechanic thing, I really dont think you can stereotype mechanics based on where they work. There are good mechanics at some shops, and those same shops will have crappy mechanics too, it really comes down to who is working on your car, not where they work. I think the actual trainning of ford mechanics is superior to any other small shop/midas/speedy/canadian tire, but sometimes a bad attitude or work ethic can work against this training. just my opinion.
boost til'bust,Jul 20 2004, 06:1 Wrote:I think the actual trainning of ford mechanics is superior to any other small shop/midas/speedy/canadian tire, but sometimes a bad attitude or work ethic can work against this training. just my opinion.
The amount of training dealership techs go to is amazing.

I have heard many a time from Midas and Canadian Tire techs how they quote you on a certain part i.e. brake parts and then they go get a cheaper one in order to make more money.

So always caveat emptor ;)
And now the flame report.........

Canada SVT we just met, live close by, and my wife did your wedding photos????Were you not paying attention to the fact my son works at Canadian Tire on Appelby Line as-------------ahem---------a apprentice mechanic? I wouldn't take your car their anytime soon after i told him of your comments.
You can leave that foot in your mouth.

The KIA guy.........welcome........but you have got to be kidding?????????? A friggin KIA and you call the Focus slow?????????? Dare ya to come down to the track some day and watch the slow FOCI wiz on your parade. Were you paid to come on this site and rile us up??

Pages: 1 2 3