FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Centerforce Clutch Dead!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
assessed the damage from fridays racing at st thomas, pulled my transmission out, my centerforce clutch seems to have exploded. So...the list of items it wiped out include the clutch disc, pressure plate, and it also took out the release bearing and slave cylinder.

luckly, it didnt take out the lightweight flywheel, it seems to be ok, just a little heat checked.

so, for now, I threw in my old stock transmission, stock clutch, and stock flywheel, and replaced the slave cylinder. Had to make sure I threw it in in time for the track this sunday B)

I threw in my stock trans for now so I can rebuild my other one, cause it could probably use some new synchros. so, does anyone know a place to find a cheap quafe dif?
boost til'bust,Jul 19 2004, 07:2 Wrote:does anyone know a place to find a cheap quafe dif?
:blink:

sorry about your tranny.. good thing you aren't afraid to open it up and work on it though
suuuucks dood. I'm not sure of anywhere selling a cheap quaife.. :huh:
cta motorsports still has a new phantom grip there for 300 shipped
rubberman,Jul 21 2004, 05:25 PM Wrote:cta motorsports still has a new phantom grip there for 300 shipped
I dont think they work all that well....I found a place that sells the quaife for 595US plus shipping...I am just waiting for a shipping quote

There is that diff through ford racing called a torsen T2 or something too...I guess thats an option, but I think I priced it out at something close to 1000 canadian, plus tax....so its kinda pricey
I have a quiffe (sp) on my car and let me tell you once you get one It makes the world of difference both straight and line coming out of a corner it will make your car faster at the drag for sure B)
I don't know if this is what your looking for. Quaife