FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How long should a set of tires last?
What kind of tires do you have?

How often do you drive?

Do you use winter tires for winter/summer tires for summer?

So many factors !! :lol:
don't worry you drive a focus the tires will out last the car :ph34r: and I know the same with my car also :(
My tires in my focus lasted i think 40K....but that's me. ;)
My stock tires last about 75k and my second set(Falkin 512) will retire after this summer, so far I have about 80k on it.

And my car still working very good after 2set of tires. B)
I did about 40K on my stockers and the same on the BF's scorchers.....
if they are eagle rs/a's they wont last as long.. honestly.. the shittiest tire i've ever driven on.
i got a set of kumho 712 down to almost the wear bars in 2 summers.. around 20000km and a couple of autoX... winter tires i got down to the wear bars in 3 winters.. around 40,000km..
on my old 2001 Focus the I had to replace the stock tires round 80,000 kms mainly because the back two tires had massive flat spots on them & they made a really bad wobbling noise when driving.

Don't know who owns that car now but............ more then likely the cooper all season performance tires I put on the car are still on it now......... that's after 1 years use of them & 27,000 kms that I put on them.
I smoked my eagle RSA's in about 15,000. Not even. Ha ha ha ha. I am such a shitty driver. Anybody who has seen my tires car vouch for me, I had them bald as 11 year old pussy.
i got 40k on my stock tires, and ive still got enough tread to go to 60-70k on them still. Not bad eh?
my Azenis lasted a summer hehe ;) .. once at drag (3-5 runs) .. full day of lapping .. about 4-5 runs in solo 2 (one day)..

overall about 15000-20000km for the whole summer.. that's why i got some khumos 712 this time.. i really dont like em compared to the azenis but the azenis just don't last long enough
My car had 44,000 on it when I bought it...and the tires (RS/A's....absolute worst tires I've ever had) were already whipped. I still drove it like that, until they made the car vibrate while going down the road, and too dangerous when it was raining (almost rear-ended Paolo when trying to stop fast in Missisauga during a meet/cruise)...I've since put on the Potenza's, and they are holding up nicely, mind you, they will likely only last until next spring, but that's ok coz I'm going to 17's next year anyways.
I only seem to get about 20k miles out of any stock tire. 01 ZX3 RSA's, 02 SVT Contenentals, and 03 ZX3 Perellis(SP?).
im on 49k and my stockers are about done...they will retire after this summer and the winters will go on the stock rims...then nice new 16" still deciding on rims but i think im going to try Dunlops SP sport Fm901 rubber.