FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: It Has Started!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently this crap isn't even covered by the rust protection I got because its starting from "inside".

Someone said adding a nice layer of grease over this would slow it down, but i'm just thinking its going to make a mess rather than help..

The Rust

Just another incentive to get a new hood :rolleyes:
hardk0re/s2,Jul 19 2004, 03:22 PM Wrote:..... isn't even covered by the rust protection I got because its starting from "inside".
What company did your rust protection?

Symtech, bought it through ford.
hardk0re/s2,Jul 19 2004, 03:40 PM Wrote:Symtech, bought it through ford.
Bet you'll never do that again.

Too bad it has happened so soon. Your car (liquid grey) would look good with a CF hood though. :lol:

They won't warranty it but Krown says they can even help cars that have begun to rust or at least slow it down and prevent more.

I've got Krown on both cars and they are holding up excellent. Took a while to find a good aplicator though so let me know and I'll pass the directions along.

May be worth getting it done once ($115?) rather than an annual program. Certainly can't hurt.
You should see my rust now man.. so bad...
That many foci's having problems heh....wow...

I've got a little bit forming under the hatch part....thats about it. glad its stored winters cuz it seems I *should* be having more serious problems...
Ontario road salt, eh? Poor cars.. It's scary seeing the salt spray on some of your cars. We dont get it nearly as bad here.
All the under seams of my doors are all rusting up.

Oh well. <_<
I just got a quote from another ford dealer, they quoted $150 to repair the hood.

But carbon fiber would look nice....
I saw a 2000-1 white wagon, all rusted up around the hood and doors, made me really sad, I'm sure by the time it hits mine, i'll still owe 1/3 on it.
damn.. that sucks.. rustproofed but still rusted.. go ford go

EDIT: i wish more car companies used galvanized steel like zee gerhmanns
The Mazda 6s are rusting on the lot.... ;)
Mine has rust....

On the door sill, in the wheel wells, several places on the underbody (despite rust protection by Mr. Lube the two years I've owned it) and most recently discovered, a little spot near the roof on the rear passenger side (that piece between the window and the rubber moulding on the roof.)
my focus didn't have any rust on it after a couple of hard winters where i didn't wash the car at all during the winter.. it was subjected to tons of wet and salt and it didn't rust

i find it suspicious that all you guys that had 'rust proofing' are the ones that are rusting..

*cough* Dan does rust repair and has been doing it for a while out of his garage ... *cough*
Man it's gotta be next to impossible to find a car without rust on it out east. Used car shopping has got to be a major P.I.T.A. :huh:
I didnt get any rust check, and my car has not seen any rust, i have big ass stone chips on my hood for over 2 years right down to the metal, and not one spec of rust, under my door there is some paint chipped off. been like that for 2 years, and no rust. Not bad eh?
paolo,Jul 20 2004, 05:12 AM Wrote:I didnt get any rust check, and my car has not seen any rust, i have big ass stone chips on my hood for over 2 years right down to the metal, and not one spec of rust, under my door there is some paint chipped off. been like that for 2 years, and no rust. Not bad eh?
Where do you live?
Mississauga, u?
tdot-zx3,Jul 19 2004, 10:57 PM Wrote:*cough* Dan does rust repair and has been doing it for a while out of his garage ... *cough*
Only if you want to wait forever.....please everyone take note on a certain persons porting on throttle body.... :P