FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Scissor Doors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alirght. Turbo is still on my list to do but I am also adding scissor doors. My car would look hella sweet with them.

Any one know any sweet hook ups or any info about doing this conversion on a focus.. How many kits is out there aviable for are car?
I think if you searcha round, there was a thread on this a while ago.

I think somebdy from this club won a contest of some sort ....the prize was these doors your looking for. Im not to sure on the exact details though.... :huh:

PLEASE get your turbo first ;) :lol:

Your car looks HOT, now make it FAST.
ya but scissor doors well make it hotter :D :D :D :D after that and a rear lip i think i am doen the exteior then i can focus on engine... i thiking about taking out another $10,000 loan for the car :)
Quote:i thiking about taking out another $10,000 loan for the car 

jason you have officially lost your mind :o
Ugly + akward = waste
Ya I remember that draw, the guy sponsoring it told me to come in and see him but later posted that someone else had won the contest. I have no idea what has happened to that person.
Sooo not street friendly

Ive yet to see a kit where it can take a little wind without bending the hinges...

If your car was strickly a show car, then boom .. why not.

But for a daily driver... yikes... good luck
why would you want to do that.

if you want something partical and show worthy you could shave the door handles and it wouldn't be that much.
At the V8less car show here in Edmonton a Red Focus has Lambo doors it looks pritty sweet actually...he also has a clear hood and mods up the ass runs a nice 13 sec 1/4 mile too...Lambo doors are kinda nice ill ask him where he got them.
Man I dont think those doors would be a good idea here.. Like all the days we get 90km/h winds, when you open your door it'll bend the hinges up badly and your doors wont close right.

Shaved handles would look really sick though.
I would like to see some shaved handles ;)
Like they said, I think they are alright for a show car, but I can see it not beeing too practical as a daily car.

how about some shaved doors...............and suicide doors.... ;)

how sick would that be, suicide doors on a Focus..don't have to worry about wind except if you open the door going down the HWY! ;)
scissor doors with shaved door handles :D

the word practical and me dont go along. i never find it any more windier here than anywhere else.
thabrat,Jul 19 2004, 03:01 PM Wrote:scissor doors with shaved door handles :D

the word practical and me dont go along. i never find it any more windier here than anywhere else.
SUICIDE DOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone and their grandma has lambo doors... ;)

I dunno, it just doesn't look fun to pull the door out then up.

Do some gull wings or something ;)

SUICIDE DOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would be the only person in regina with scissor doors :D
I found a kit by AutoLoc for 1800 US. That inlcudes everything. I dont think thats to bad of a price.
Save up an additional 1800 and you can get Tom's Stage 1 Turbo kit.

dam scissor doors. :P
Im still doing toms turbo to :D just going to wait a bit longer now lol. im seriously in no rush getting my turbo due to having 4 years of warranty left. I totaly think the scissor doors would give it that edge. Something different and off the wall. I found a few local contact who might be able to do custom kits/setups so Im prolly looking at saving some cash $$$ i mean saving the loans money lol.....