FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 65mm Tb Help?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I put my FC 65mm TB on yesterday! :D B) :o

My car is LOUD as f@ck!

But i have one problem/Question........................
it seems real sensitive or like its sticking when hit the gas, like a pause then it grabs and its easier to press the pedal?

Has anybody else had similar problems?

Will it break its self in? or do i just have to get used to it?

thanx
Hi,

I have the Jackson Racing 65 mm Throttle Body. I have the same issue.
It will take you a couple of days to get used to it, but you shouldn't be worried. The only thing that I hate is when you are in stop and go traffic and the car seems to keep bucking back and forth.

Vito :)
make sure your idle screw is adjusted propperly.
as for the sticking feel, how exactly do you mean?
like it sorta feels like the pedal sticks just when you touch the pedal or there is a small delay between stepping on the gas and the responce from the pedal input?

did you put silicone on both sides of the gasket?

where did you get the TB from?
Shmee,Jul 15 2004, 10:27 PM Wrote:make sure your idle screw is adjusted propperly.
as for the sticking feel, how exactly do you mean?
like it sorta feels like the pedal sticks just when you touch the pedal or there is a small delay between stepping on the gas and the responce from the pedal input?

did you put silicone on both sides of the gasket?

where did you get the TB from?
I got the TB directly from Focus Central along with UDP and Cam gears which aren't installed yet.

It almost feels like there is slack in the accelerator cable, like i've got a bit of play with the pedal before it starts to open the throttle.
Hmmm... I have only ever heard of FC having trouble with their TB's on automatics....
it's not trouble, I know exactly what you mean. I had it installed on my red zx3. The bursts or surging if you will are related to the increased (by almost double capacity) air flow so what you're feeling is improved throttle response - big time. As for the play in the pedal, I never experienced that, it was instantanious for me so I would also check the idle screw. There is a great deal difference in the tension of the spring attached to the throttle cable. I also found it very tough to drive right away, very jerkey because you're used to depressing the pedal a little harder or further or whatever. Totally different feel, but as you get used to it you'll find it awesome... except in stop and go traffic <_<
go check the play in the throttle cable at the TB. the little wire that hooks to the throttle linkage should have between .5-1cm of play either way.
if you have alot of slack or it's really tight adjust it in or out to bring it within the amount i suggested above.

if you can take some pics or some video of what's going on.
got one ....no issues....you should have the idle screw set to approx. where the original was....your computer will learn its own idle....drive it for a while