FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Here Is The Chance You've Been Waiting For!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the Toronto Star on the weekend where they review used cars as bargains or not:

We would like to know about your ownership experience with the following models: Chrysler Sebring Convertible, Lexus RX 300 and Ford Focus. Send your comments to Mark Toljagic, 2060 Queen St. E., P.O. Box 51541, Toronto, ON M4E 1C0. E-mail:

toljagic@ca.inter.net.

I know I'll be contirbuting something. Below is last weekends article so you can see the style of the review, in this case it was the Forester:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...ol=969048871196
For me, it's easy:

Bought it, modded it, drove it hard, turboed it, drove it even harder, ran it at the track, went to get groceries, burnt to a crisp.

:lol:
Jays2000ZX3,Jul 15 2004, 09:36 AM Wrote:For me, it's easy:

Bought it, modded it, drove it hard, turboed it, drove it even harder, ran it at the track, went to get groceries, burnt to a crisp.

:lol:
You forgot, turned back to stock, then burnt to a crisp. ;)
Flofocus,Jul 15 2004, 09:40 AM Wrote:You forgot, turned back to stock, then burnt to a crisp. ;)
:D :D

Here's what I'm gonna tell them for my review on the 2002 model year focus:
No problems at all for 2 years straight. I've been very satisfied with my car.
They don't want my take on the car:

Bought it, brought it back to Ford 37 times, changed all Ford OEM parts to aftermarket, now car works 1000 times better and is 100% more fun to drive!
MAlby7,Jul 15 2004, 10:35 AM Wrote:They don't want my take on the car:

Bought it, brought it back to Ford 37 times, changed all Ford OEM parts to aftermarket, now car works 1000 times better and is 100% more fun to drive!
lol, thats what I basically wrote to them.,....and horrible dealership experience. :lol:
Maybe I should write a review????
yea, everyone should email in and bash the focus, then after they write up the crap review, you guys can come back here and bitch about how the car depreciates so fast.

gee wonder why it depreciates so fast???? :blink:
boost til'bust,Jul 15 2004, 11:3 Wrote:yea, everyone should email in and bash the focus, then after they write up the crap review, you guys can come back here and bitch about how the <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A> depreciates so fast.

gee wonder why it depreciates so fast???? :blink:
:lol: :lol: well said

Maybe I'm just fortunate, but all I have is great experiences with both my car and my dealer. My car IS my second love, no doubts. But... to each his own.
I agree with Paolo and Brooks...2001 ZX3 with 77,000+ on it...never a problem, and no bad expereinces with any dealerships in terms or parts and service... I would only write a good reveiw on the Focus I think. I would talk about how I recommend it over the Cavalier and Sunfire, as well as the Neon, Saturns, etc. Why would you want cars like that with soft/weak suspensions and brakes, cheap and barren interiors, etc etc....? Anyways, to make a long story short, I don't know why so many others have been played by their car or their dealerships... I think the Focus is the best car in it's pricerange and deserves a 2nd chance with everyone...
paolo,Jul 15 2004, 10:18 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jul 15 2004, 09:40 AM Wrote:You forgot, turned back to stock, then burnt to a crisp.  ;)
:D :D

Here's what I'm gonna tell them for my review on the 2002 model year focus:
No problems at all for 2 years straight. I've been very satisfied with my car.
That's pretty much would I'd have said about my '01 ZTS that I had for two years...excellent car and I would highly recommend it compared to other cars in its class at the time. But would I call it a "bargain" buy...hhmmmm.

used? sure.

new? no. Focus' depreciation is ridiculous.
the focus is a decent used car bargain if you can find one that is bolted together properly

i can't wait to give my 2 cents to that article

i know.. we should all sell out focus now.. spread bad reviews to lower its price.. and then buy it back for cheaper.. :D