FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Halton's Finest "taxi" Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just forwarding this from a friend.

[Image: cabby1.jpg]

Would you pull over for this cabby?

I would seriosly think that I wouldn't.....This is a gray area.......
This also makes me paranoid...Its not like I drive like a jack ass but I already slow down whenever I see a regular Crown Vic....

The number on top of the sign is an actual police departement phone number.
We should just start calling them and ordering taxi rides. :lol:

[Image: cabby2.jpg]

Here's the actual thread.
VW Vortex
I lived in Oakville for 19 years and I can confirm that the phone # is the police department. Not sure if I would pull over for a taxi with red flashing lights though. Sneaky for sure.
Oakville has got some crazy undercover cop cars, the pearl white Volvo is very nice. :ph34r:
i'm against undercover cop cars strictly for traffic patrol. This pretty much means any kind of "spirited" driving can get you a ticket. So why don't they just make all vehicles automated by machines so you cannot control how fast your drive or the style in which you drive.

Not only that, undercover cars do not deter anything from happening in the first place......police cars should always be visible and in plain site for the public and "would-be law breakers or criminals".

Any argument FOR undercover police cars can therefore also be transferred over to an argument for undercover PEOPLE just randomly walking the city streets and riding the buses. With all the crimes happening on our TTC with ppl pushing ppl on to tracks, why don't they put undercover officers look like civilians and basically arrest anyone on the street as soon as they act a little "spirited".

The police and protection services should be here to make us feel safe and their presence should be out there in the open, not hiding around the bushes like big brother striking paranoia and fear into everyone including innocent citizens.

I'm for undercover only if it is a special operation with a specific target.
cornflakes,Apr 5 2009, 06:06 PM Wrote:I'm for undercover only if it is a special operation with a specific target.
[right][snapback]284273[/snapback][/right]

Special Operation: Radar Trap
Specific Target: Speeders
:lol: :unsure:
Thats in Georgetown LOOOL.... I passed him twice he sits next to Shoeless Joe's sometimes..

I know the Apple Autoglass/Discount rental cuz thats where we picked up the Nissan POS after the Accident

354 Guelph Street which means that was taken about 1 block from Concept Ford
there is 2 vans with all kinds of equipment on the roofs in peel, plus there is a Civic, and a volvo they use here. so a taxi is no suprise really for me.
Frost__2001,Apr 6 2009, 06:15 AM Wrote:there is 2 vans with all kinds of equipment on the roofs in peel, plus there is a Civic, and a volvo they use here. so a taxi is no suprise really for me.
[right][snapback]284306[/snapback][/right]

Frankly I'm not sure how I feel about this ... using unmarked cars (even a-typical models) is one thing ... but it's entirely different IMO to actively disquise a police vehicle to make it look like something else ... kind of like putting a cop in a UPS delivery guy's uniform.

If the police purposely make their vehicles look like anything but a police vehicle, how could they dispute a defense claim in court that went something like "I didn't stop for that car because I was convinced by the cars appearance that they weren't the police."
The coolest one i have seen is a blacked out edge on the 401 near the airport...total stealth.
Fantino's driver drives that blacked out edge
ZTWsquared,Apr 6 2009, 08:18 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Apr 6 2009, 06:15 AM Wrote:there is 2 vans with all kinds of equipment on the roofs in peel, plus there is a Civic, and a volvo they use here. so a taxi is no suprise really for me.

Frankly I'm not sure how I feel about this ... using unmarked cars (even a-typical models) is one thing ... but it's entirely different IMO to actively disquise a police vehicle to make it look like something else ... kind of like putting a cop in a UPS delivery guy's uniform.

If the police purposely make their vehicles look like anything but a police vehicle, how could they dispute a defense claim in court that went something like "I didn't stop for that car because I was convinced by the cars appearance that they weren't the police."
[right][snapback]284309[/snapback][/right]

thats what I thought when I saw the two chevy savanna's with the plumbing equipment on the roofs, if you are in peel keep an eye out for a black one with dark tinted windows and white tubes on the roof, and the other is silver with the same things on the roof.
You guys should call the number and asked to be picked up somewhere.
Frost__2001,Apr 6 2009, 12:16 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Apr 6 2009, 08:18 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]284309[/snapback][/right]

thats what I thought when I saw the two chevy savanna's with the plumbing equipment on the roofs, if you are in peel keep an eye out for a black one with dark tinted windows and white tubes on the roof, and the other is silver with the same things on the roof.
[right][snapback]284380[/snapback][/right]

I've seen one of those vans pulling over a Camaro that did a burn out at the streetlight in Kitchener downtown......not even gonna lie that was 5 years ago
I get a laugh, everytime the "airport Limo" police car pulls people over @ the airport. :ph34r:
I wonder if the Cabbie cop is middle eastern too LOL...This is wrong so wrong they shouldn't be allowed to do this.

Abit off topic but the other day I was on Winston churchill and 401, I see this sweet looking all blacked out SVT stang...I catch up to it at the red light to get a better look, who is driving it a F**king peel region cop and he is a member of SVTOA. He must of been going to work or home. The car sounds so nice with the charger spoiling up. This stang was not a undercover cop car but a cops personal car damn, must say he has good taste.
in Hamilton a buddy told me he delivers parts to the cop shop and while there he saw them working on installing the cherries and sirens on a 08 Ford Edge, black + unmarked, a 2000 Civic also black + unmarked and an older minivan like a purple'ish color also unmarked...keep your eeys out guys!
Tiketz,Apr 6 2009, 11:12 PM Wrote:I wonder if the Cabbie cop is middle eastern too LOL...This is wrong so wrong they shouldn't be allowed to do this.

Abit off topic but the other day I was on Winston churchill and 401, I see this sweet looking all blacked out SVT stang...I catch up to it at the red light to get a better look, who is driving it a F**king peel region cop and he is a member of SVTOA. He must of been going to work or home. The car sounds so nice with the charger spoiling up. This stang was not a undercover cop car but a cops personal car damn, must say he has good taste.
[right][snapback]284453[/snapback][/right]

I know him, he is actually a firefighter and thats his baby lol, 04 SVT Cobra, black saleen rims, lots of mods, ported blower, etc..505RWHP/507RWTQ

[Image: GTAMCCRUISE026.jpg]
[Image: rolling.jpg]

B)
Yep peel we have all the fun toys following us around.
The 2 Vans Frost mentioned
Same with the civic though the one I know is a 2007 SI coupe (says police under the rear wing)
Navy Blue Ford Fivehundred
Blue SS Coblat
1 silver 1 blue 3 green Caravans in the Bramalea City Centre
a bunch of white, silver, black, and charcoal Chargers.
1 magnum so far
many Impalas
2 1997 Astro vans both hunter green with windows
1 cavalier
a couple of edges, mostly black
Thats all I can remember right now
I drive past the cop shop on queen all the time so I always see them pulling in and out for shifts and they don't give a s*** when they are starting or ending a shift
You could be doing 30 over and they would just sip they're coffee and carry on to the route they have to go to.
Scorcher000,Apr 7 2009, 09:54 PM Wrote:Yep peel we have all the fun toys following us around.
The 2 Vans Frost mentioned
Same with the civic though the one I know is a 2007 SI coupe (says police under the rear wing)
Navy Blue Ford Fivehundred
Blue SS Coblat
1 silver 1 blue 3 green Caravans in the Bramalea City Centre
a bunch of white, silver, black, and charcoal Chargers.
1 magnum so far
many Impalas
2 1997 Astro vans both hunter green with windows
1 cavalier
a couple of edges, mostly black
Thats all I can remember right now
I drive past the cop shop on queen all the time so I always see them pulling in and out for shifts and they don't give a s*** when they are starting or ending a shift
You could be doing 30 over and they would just sip they're coffee and carry on to the route they have to go to.
[right][snapback]284546[/snapback][/right]

If this is the kinda bulls*** we have to deal with, we should petition government to allow radar detectors again.
Or you could be a law abiding citizen and do the speed limit.
Pages: 1 2