FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Squeak In Brakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lately I been noticing a squeaking sound coming from my rear breaks when letting go of the break pedal. I was thinking it was just dirt so I tookt he pressure washer and soaked it pretty good how ever the squeak is still there :(

Any ideas.??
When was the last time you checked your rear shoes? Its pretty quick to remove the rear drum and check. You just need a 30mm socket to remove the drum and check. The socket is pretty damn big, I had to go and buy a new one when I replaced my rear drums..Just check that you have a large enough socket before you remove the tire, or like me you'll have to put the tire back on so you can drive off and buy one :lol:
Mine does the same thing... I thing it's just a spring. My rear brakes are worn out now, but the squeak on release started ages ago. It's kinda wierd, eh?
Well I had the same problem as you guys and when I brought it to my mechanic he said that the rear shoes (I Think) were cracked. Just another POS Ford part.
Thats should be covered under warranty I think.

I only have 17,500 KM on the car..
thabrat,Jul 12 2004, 02:54 PM Wrote:Thats should be covered under warranty I think.

I only have 17,500 KM on the car..
How long have you had your car though?
Year and 1/2
thabrat,Jul 12 2004, 03:51 PM Wrote:Year and 1/2
No coverage then...sorry.
AWWW :( Im going to check it out tonight.. I got that cra show to go tot his weekend and its about a hour drive. I don't need my brake busting of me then.
i dunno if using the power washer on your wheels/brakes is a good idea.. you might get water into the wheel bearings...
Im going to take it apart tonight. What should I be looking for or will it be obvious to notice.
With alot of Fords, there can be a buildup of brake dust that you would never get at, nor should you be trying to clean, with a power washer.

When you remove the drum, either you will notice alot of dust present in the bottom of the rotor, or the brakes will be broken or cracked.

If they are just dirty, used compressed air to blow away the dirt---but don't inhale it.

Have fun

I went to Ford and I got an appointment booked. I told them I thought I didnt have any warranty and he started laughing. He said I have tons. I only have 17,023 KM on the car. So yeehaw to warranty. He said there just going to replace the drums for free :D
Finally got into Ford for an appointment. My rear shoes were shot. They gave me brand new ones under warranty :D

have you had your stage three done on your car???? try takeing off your drums and getting all the dirt out.....you may just have a little pebble in the brake..... try that and if it dosent work go to the dealer and have them cheack it..

ZX5
he did dont u ppl read!!! :D
mine is a 2001 started to making noise a week ago. i noticed that my ebreak won't stay locked. there's no clicking sound when pulling. i tried to take apart the drum , the drum is so rusted and it refuse to crack. i brought it to a small shop and they can't get it open too.
now it's in the dealer and quoted for 600 dollars for the replace of pretty much everything.

awang44,Jul 9 2005, 03:48 PM Wrote:mine is a  2001 started to making noise a week ago. i noticed that my ebreak won't stay locked. there's no clicking sound when pulling. i tried to take apart the drum  , the drum is so rusted and it refuse to crack. i brought it to a small shop and they can't get it open too.
now it's in the dealer and quoted for 600 dollars for the replace of pretty much everything.
[right][snapback]120609[/snapback][/right]

If thats with labour, sounds about right.
yeah, but drum doesn't usually go bad like that, does it?
i had another car that i drove for 8 years, i've never replace drums or done any job on the rear break ( yes, it was still working when i sold the car). and the drum on focus rusted like it's been sitting on the bottom of the ocean....

there goes my vacation money

:(
:blink:
Good ole quality ford parts
Pages: 1 2