FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Question For You All.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a bunch of ideas for parts to build for our cars but i'm not sure if i should build one-offs or make a small run of these parts.
so i'll bring it to you guys...

what sort of parts would you guys like to see that are not available or may already be but not something you'd be because of quality issues?

i was thinking a 3 or 4 point rear strut brace
and/or
Harness bar for people who do alot of track days or AutoX

i can make it out of mild or Stainless steel or Aluminum.

i am also thinking about alot of other stuff but most of it will be one-offs and probable out of alot of peoples budgets/price ranges.

unless anyone would be interested in a 4-1 or 4-2-1 Ti or Inconel equal length big tube race header...?

what sort of stuff would you guys like to see?
if anything?
a bolt on skid plate for the front made of some sturdy heavy duty plastic.
french_connection,Jul 11 2004, 02:28 PM Wrote:a bolt on skid plate for the front made of some sturdy heavy duty plastic.
hahaha ....sounds like some one has a tricky driveway to get into.....
I want the diamond plate skid plates for my front bumper and rear. I don't want to damage the underpart of my body kit.
can you draw me a pic or something so i fully understand what you mean....

edit: as in how you want it to sit, what you want it to cover and where it starts and ends.

why do you want diamond plate, it's heavy and kinda ugly...? :blink:
Ass,Jul 11 2004, 08:02 PM Wrote:I want the diamond plate skid plates for my front bumper and rear. I don't want to damage the underpart of my body kit.
Stop giving him ricey ideas.

I thought you said you were past the ricey stage now ... =P
What should I have to protect my bumper?

They make these things at http://www.Diamondplatespecialties.com, I think they would do the trick in protecting my avenger front end. They make em for a wide variety of bumpers. Front and rear.... A little on the much side, but something along those lines!
Well I was thinking of glassin myself something like a Volant air box....so everyone can utilize a cone filter ;)
How could a skid plate possibly save your bumper? Unless you run some sort of a cow bar it's not in the correct place to help.

Skid plates are to save oil pans transmissions and diffs they can't save your bumper.
How about some kind of bracket to lower my seat a few inches. Great for us tall guys.
Get some Corbeau seats they will custom make you a bracket.

Great seats and great brackets that made me look 5ft "6, not 6ft 4"
it would not be possible to build a bracket to lower the seats, they are bolted to the floor so the only way to lower them would be to change the bases.
i can build fixed bases that you can use with a racing seat or attach a set of universal sliders to but you would still need to find a seat that would work..
what about new brackets (or modify stock ones) that allow you to slide the seat back about an inch more?

i don't need it to be lower... i need more leg room!
Euro Ford Fan,Jul 12 2004, 03:09 PM Wrote:How could a skid plate possibly save your bumper? Unless you run some sort of a cow bar it's not in the correct place to help.

Skid plates are to save oil pans transmissions and diffs they can't save your bumper.
I think you mixed tony different idea with mine....

I dont give a crap about my bumper, but I happen to scrape quite ofter on the bottom of my car, it would somehow protect my header and oil pan and my cat...

plus I could probably for once drive like I like to drive.... i.e. pedal to the metal... :lol:
i can also do SS Turbo manifolds and full custom exhausts but those are sort of one-offs and i like the car to be in my hands so i can test fit everything
Shmee,Jul 14 2004, 11:00 PM Wrote:i can also do SS Turbo manifolds and full custom exhausts but those are sort of one-offs and i like the car to be in my hands so i can test fit everything
Where the hell were you a month ago :lol:
i didn't get my tig welder untill thgis past saturday! :(