FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Header And E-test Question For Duratec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to get a header, but it make the cat go away. how do you pass e-test? I don't think it's possible to pass e-test without cat. do you ppl just put a flanged & bolted cat somewhere in the middle and then put a test pipe after it pass e-test?

my last car was e-test exempt and straight 3 inch turbo back is so sweet. :D

and what header and exhaust system is readily available in canada/ontario? how's the shipping charges from focussport? that's what I'm gonna get most likely.
I'll tell all of you in a couple of weeks with my 2005 Duratec
OBX header
MagnaFlow Catback
Tune 91 OCT
1st O2 delete

Lease is up and I have to get an E-Test and a safety to change names on the car.
I don't see either of you passing your e test better look for under the table because if you go and fail your car will be black flagged and will be tuff to get it under the table after you have already failed. Or other option high flow cat
If you get a highflow you should be ok, but still not 100%. i know with my car running without any cat, it definately smells ALOT by comparison to when i had a high flow. If you need a highflow i have one i can sell that will go right from your flex pipe as it has a flange on it and is 2.25.
I have some connections and I'll se how it goes.
I always thought that the high flow cat would just let the o2 out.
I'd be careful doing fake etest guys. A lot of guys, and I mean a LOT around here got busted in a huge sweep, including the guy that bought my focus. Most major Garages around here are getting huge fines (think Canada tire, Autopro, Speedy, etc), some losing their etest licenses for good, some of my freinds need lawyers to talk the crown out of giving them jail time. Ministry is cracking down big time.

as for the OP, I would get a cat welded in where the stock cat is. You are right, you will not pass an etest unless you have a cat. I had a high flow cat on my focus, and it still failed the etest....not by much, but they dont care how close you were, if it fails, it fails!
the duratec has 2 cats though in the manifold (which gets removed by the header) and then the secondary one thats a little further down. shouldn't that be enough? and if its not isnt there enough room to weld in a cat right after the flex? so afterwards theres 2 cats just like before.
I don't think both are cats one is probably a resonator
Spinal,Apr 6 2009, 04:31 PM Wrote:the duratec has 2 cats though in the manifold (which gets removed by the header) and then the secondary one thats a little further down. shouldn't that be enough? and if its not isnt there enough room to weld in a cat right after the flex? so afterwards theres 2 cats just like before.
[right][snapback]284422[/snapback][/right]

Thats what i did and the cat did not get hot enough to work properly. welded one in place of the stock cat, and it passed.
This was all on a zetec though, so may be different.
Flofocus,Apr 6 2009, 08:57 PM Wrote:I'd be careful doing fake etest guys.  A lot of guys, and I mean a LOT around here got busted in a huge sweep, including the guy that bought my focus.  Most major Garages around here are getting huge fines (think Canada tire, Autopro, Speedy, etc), some losing their etest licenses for good, some of my freinds need lawyers to talk the crown out of giving them jail time.  Ministry is cracking down big time.

as for the OP, I would get a cat welded in where the stock cat is.  You are right, you will not pass an etest unless you have a cat.  I had a high flow cat on my focus, and it still failed the etest....not by much, but they dont care how close you were, if it fails, it fails!
[right][snapback]284415[/snapback][/right]

I'm not looking forward to cheat...lol I was wondering if installing a flanged high-flow cat that can be taken out and put test pipe in will make the e-test. the header from FS for D-tec looks like long tube that goes down right away, 4-1 design so maybe placing the cat after the flex pipe right away? or the cat before flex pipe?
I had my hi flow cat right after the flexpipe, you wnt be able to put a cat inbetween becasue otherwse the exhaust wont all match up properly.