FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Rs8 Vs Lambo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if any of you have seen this yet. If not, Check this out....Who want's to build a super fast Focus...he he. Lists the parts in this article. Not bad, a Focus that can keep up to a Gallardo.

Lambo vs. Focus
:ph34r:
I didnt notice any performance stats, were there any included?
Apparantly in the new magazine there is...they didn't have anything posted online though.
hmmm.... Must Buy :blink:
engine swap..

they have the price of 65g and that a fully done up focus with the engien swap... remove the parts you dont need and that swap will be wayyyyyyyyy cheaper..
MMMMMMMMMM so nice.
Code:
Build-it-Yourself Ford Racing Focus RS8
2004 Focus ZX3 Premium $16,055
(The Premium model comes with power windows, locks, mirrors, and remote entry as did our test car)
OZ Racing Superleggera III wheels (set) $2000
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires (set) $1000
Ford Racing A-pillar gauges $75
Brake and suspension kit $2,500
5.0L Cammer Engine $14,995
Kugel Komponents rear-drive conversion kit $6,000
8.8-inch, 4.10:1 Traction-Lok Axle $799
T-5 transmission bell-housing $195
T-5 5-speed manual transmission $1,395
Hurst shifter $180
T-5 leather shift boot $75
T-5 leather shift knob $45
V-8 clutch Linkage $49
Heavy-duty clutch kit $260
Racing seats (pair) $1,000
15-gallon racing fuel cell $200
Roll-cage and racing harnesses $850
High-output stereo system and sub-woofer
subtotal, parts $31623
Grand Total: $47670

So for roughly 65K CDN you can have that...not too bad.

Why not buy a 2000 540i and throw on 25K of mods. ;)

It's a sweet package, but it's just too much money, 15KUS for the motor, and 6K US for the conversion kit? Not cool.
It's unique... and if I won the lottery, there's every chance I'd have it built to say I own it.
Thats just the stupid kit pricing though

I bet you if you got a stang donor car it would be SOOO much cheaper. You dont need a new factory crate engine ... stupid.

http://www.factoryfive.com/

Look at the first kit.
tdot-zx3,Jul 9 2004, 01:47 PM Wrote:Thats just the stupid kit pricing though

I bet you if you got a stang donor car it would be SOOO much cheaper. You dont need a new factory crate engine ... stupid.

http://www.factoryfive.com/

Look at the first kit.
What would I do without your linkage, oh wise one? B)
If they would have a RS200 kit......I'd buy it in a second!

But still, for like 700$ you go to a 3 day assembly course of one of these...SICK!
I would defintly do that if I was rich. I seriously would have like 50 car's if I was really loaded. I probly wouldnt even have time to drive them. I wouldnt work, I would fix up car's all day and drive at a race track. It would be the best life anyone could ask for. haha.
Hilarious way to lose my license! :ph34r:
get a 2003 cobra donar car, take the engine, tranny, brakes, buy your suspension and take the cobra rear fab all the parts and brackets up, get your exhaust slap a kenne belle on the engine and a few things here and there fix it up and u got yourself a 600 hp focus :D
didnt ford racing do that for a 1/4mile focus.
So many of you make it sound so easy but if you want to do it right you need do have some brains. Slapin in that engine and making the car handle and go in a staight line is not that easy
Must buy Focus...lol. What a wild little car. That Focus must sound sweet. lol. That'd be weird if your some guy in your Ferrari and a Focus pulls up beside you revving its engine and the whole things shaking and sounding like a muslce car. If I was the guy in the Ferrari i'd Sh*t my pants. LOL.