FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Sophisticated Ford Focus Concept
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NEW SOPHISTICATED FORD FOCUS CONCEPT
Ford Focus Concept

BEIJING, June 8 - A concept teaser version of what foreshadows the most sophisticated Focus sedan to date has been unveiled at Auto China 2004 in Beijing.

"Recognizably a Ford and evidently a Focus, the new generation Ford Focus Concept sedan is a clearly refined evolution from the original vehicle," said Ford Asia Pacific Design Manager, Paul Gibson.

"Presenting the four-door as the style setter for the new generation of car buyers in China, it is Focus with a new sophistication."

The concept clearly states its European heritage with clean taut lines and an aggressive stance. It conveys solidity and substance while boasting generous curves and a distinct shoulder. A low sweeping roofline and fast rear screen angle visually elongates the overall shape and promotes a perception of athleticism.

The vehicle's surfaces are taut, precise and exhibit a quality execution.

There are several design components unique to the Focus Concept.

Lamps
"One of the most exciting aspects of developing a concept vehicle is that you can experiment with new design elements and technologies that are cutting edge for our industry. The unique front and rear lamps on the Focus Concept are a perfect example," said Gibson.

Developed in conjunction between Ford and Osram Opto Semiconductors, the lamps utilise the latest LED technology.

The front lamps present a continuous ring of light when illuminated. Producing a cool white appearance with high luminance output, the lamps complement the vehicle's overall design. The fog lamps also produce a continuous ring of light.

"The LED headlamps are unique to the Focus Concept," said Gibson. "The continuous ring of light is completely different to using a conventional bulb and parabola. Even when switched off, the headlamps and fog lamps have the depth and quality of deep glass."

The rear lamps also use LED technology and allowed the designers to produce a three dimensional lamp design that combines the aesthetics of the latest technological innovation with the benefits of increased light distribution and efficiency for an ideal and dependable lighting solution. When lit, they also give a clean continuous light but also have bubble detailing to add surprise and delight.

Wheels
Unique 19-inch wheels and pronounced wheel arches demonstrate the superior driving dynamics for which Focus is renowned. The seven spoke wheels also feature polished spokes and a rubber-like high-tech insert for a new twist on finishes.

Colour
Known as Sapphire Ice, this unique colour for the Focus Concept sedan exhibits the same characteristics as metallic silver but adds the depth of blue to result in an exciting new colour that matches the concept's contemporary styling.

"The new Focus Concept sedan is based on Ford DNA - Genuine, Progressive and Smart - while building on its strong European styling themes," said Gibson.

"These themes have been moulded to create a new contemporary vehicle that is insightfully geared to the needs and wants of Chinese consumers. It is a very exciting concept that we believe will generate a lot of interest throughout the region this year."

<a href='http://x.wieck.com/pv/WKA/2004/06/07/WKA2004060744092_pv.jpg'>[Image: WKA2004060744092_pv.jpg]

<a href='http://x.wieck.com/pv/WKA/2004/06/07/WKA2004060744047_pv.jpg'>[Image: WKA2004060744047_pv.jpg]

I'd take one.
theres a bad ass looking focus.
sortta looks like an acura
Kinda like a TL.
WOW! That's one kick @$$ sedan!

We better get those over here or i'll just have to give up on Ford all together...........

They just gotta get rid of that ugly chrome trim around the side windows!
that looks really nice.. that last shot reminds me of the new A4

it looks like a big heavy pig though.. i hope if that ever gets produced that it can back up the performance statement its making with that big front bumper, twin exhaust, front splitter, etc etc
that definatly reminds of me of a european car kinda has the same styling as the new Volvos, Audis and BMW's.
I totally see Audi representation... that is a sweet ass sedan :o
Whadda you know .. I was gonna say it looked like the new mazdas too.... =P

Still looks awsome though for a sedan.
hopefully it does more than just look like the real deal...

*real deal*

<a href='http://www.audiusa.com/common/images/2004_gallery6_s4_lg.jpg'>[Image: 2004_gallery6_s4_lg.jpg]</a>
Unfortunately that prototype is based on the new European Focus-Volvo-Mazda platform, which Ford has decided to not bring to NA. We were waiting for 2006 when we thought the new Focus platform would come here, instead of the touched-up 2005 in the dealers lots. When we heard it wasn't in Ford NA's forecast, that's when we settled for the 2004 ZTW.
IMO that Audi looks like a Volvo except for the rings in the grill.
i think it looks alot like the tsx. but id def. drive it
naz,Jul 8 2004, 09:04 PM Wrote:that looks really nice.. that last shot reminds me of the new A4
First thing that went through my mind ;)
Id definatly get that as my family car lol.
the new volvo S40 does look like the A4 in those pics, but when you see a S40 in real life its easy to tell that its no A4..

i'm not a big fan of the S40.. auto trans only.. boo.. the V50 wagon though.. 6spd manual, turbo motor, AWD option.. that's more like it
ill take one!
It was mentioned in one of the older FF magazines, I think it was powered by a supercharged hydrogen engine IIRC.
Pages: 1 2