FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Zts Tail Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok i have noticed that my Gf's car has the signal, stop and parking lights all in one housing. meanwhile i have seen some other focus sedans that have the signal light on top and then they have the stop and parking lights in one housing. what is the reason behind that and was there a change in lighting between 2000 and 2002?
in other words why there is some with two bulbs and some with 3 bulbs? personally i like the 3 bulbs better. is there a way that i can change the two to 3 for cheap?

thanks mo
This link explains the change:LINK

Quote:2001 Running changes to rear tail lights in mid/late 2001 models (turn signal would be incorporated into the larger tail/brake light versus operating as a single unit above the brake light)

As to why they did this? it could be they wanted to try to save money, but then found that it was better to go back to the independant turn signals again? not sure!

As to concert the 2 light setup into the 3 light setup, the people who have been adding Altezzas to their sedans have discovered a way to do such, because the altezzas have the independant blinker, so they figured a way to wire this up. I'm not sure on what wiring changes u need, but It is probaly posted on FJ or CF or MFF.
I've got the two bulb setup. If I went with the Ford Racing tails, would I have a problem?
thanks paolo. if that is the case i would rather not change anything. its not a big deal. i guess i was just curious.

thanks Mo
no prob Mo, Actually, I waz readin up on it, and it looks fairly easy to convert from 2 bulb to 3 bulb setup. I definately wanna try it on someonez car.