FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Plug Wires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking about getting a set of plug wires (more for looks than anything). So I was wondering would there be any difference between steeda.ca 8mm wires for $53.99 and fordracing 9mm wires for $60 cnd. Would new wires really make any difference other than looks? Thanks
Upgrading your wires from stock will make a difference in the amount of spark that travels to your plugs. Update them both at the same time and your engine will have a cleaner burn.
There are many different plug wires out there, and I am not going down the road again as to who makes the best wires, but just upgrading from the stock plugs after they have had a few miles on them will be beneficial to your engine.
Have fun
It's easy changing the plugs and wires in the Focus.

I have the FR ones. Revs smoother I guess....hard to tell with such a mod.
Which plug would you suggest I use? Right now they are stock with 26000km on them.
wadem,Jul 7 2004, 10:22 AM Wrote:Which plug would you suggest I use? Right now they are stock with 26000km on them.
Im still running the stock plugs...going with one step colder when boosted
Be careful if you have the SPI... I got shafted when I ordered my first set. The only pairs that fit the SPI are the FocusSport 8mm wires specifically labelled "for the SPI" and certain aftermarket Ford Ranger 8mm wires will fit.

The SPI has a narrower bore down to where the sparkplug is seated, and ZETEC wires will NOT work.