FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fiberglass Sub Enclosure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tomorrow I am starting my fiberglass enclosure for my subs. I pray everything goes well, I have read and re-read several tutorials, and am working with some guys who have done their own, so I should have a good base to get started. I am mounting two 10's into the rear wheel wells of my trunk. wish me luck guys! and I am told the stench can be un-bearable...
Get a mask ...

Not unbearable ... Its a health risk ...

Fiberglass resin is known to cause: Brain and lung cancers as well as others, plus serveral nervous system disfunctions. They do not hide this. They tell you straight up.

Not to mention it KILLS braincells.

Fiberglass workers that work for places like boeing are paid quite well actually... because of these problems.
Dan, what kind of mask do you usually use. I use one of those cloth ones but my father was mentioning I should get something a little more heavy duty for the fiberglass/resin shiat.
Remember my infamous picture?

<a href='http://members.rogers.com/parkourdan/images/sars.jpg'>[Image: sars.jpg]</a>

3m mask, its like 25 bucks at canadian tire, i got it at some fiberglass store though.
btw i dont normally wear the goggles.. those were for affect. =P
tdot-zx3,Jul 7 2004, 11:11 AM Wrote:btw i dont normally wear the goggles.. those were for affect. =P
I figured that much, LOL
Take lots of pics tony.....
Are the filters replacable on that mask? did you ever have to?
Those type of masks you can buy replacement air filters but you wont need to for one sub inclosure...I used the same mask when i was working for a chemical plant.
Ya you wont have to change it doing just a few things here and there ...

They have a guide that comes with the filters that show you when its time to change.

Fliters are like 5 bucks or something
I will also be doing my underbody LED kit tonight too. I am charging my digi so I will be able to take LOOTSA pictures! Weee hoo!
Ass,Jul 7 2004, 04:55 PM Wrote:I will also be doing my underbody LED kit tonight too. I am charging my digi so I will be able to take LOOTSA pictures! Weee hoo!
ohh man!
your gonna be blinging tonight

if your backseat is taken out for weight ... you better put it back in .. cus your taking ALL the ladies home tonight.

:P
I AM NOT INTRODUCING YOU TO ANY OF MY FOB FRIENDS! HA!
good luck with your stereo system.
Ass,Jul 7 2004, 05:25 PM Wrote:I AM NOT INTRODUCING YOU TO ANY OF MY FOB FRIENDS! HA!
bastard i hate you

dont talk to me on msn anymore

no more modding help for you

:lol: :P
Wow. I got a lot of taping and foiling done in two hours. But there is a layer of tape and foil that superman's x-ray vision couldn't penetrate let alone some resin + fiberglass mat. :D

It started raining so that put an abrupt end to my otherwise relatively productive day.
Hey Tony, I'm free tonight if you need any help ;)