FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What I Need To Know About Jr Supercharger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a chance to get a JR Supercharger real cheap. I don't know too much about this system so are there any things you guys can tell me before I buy this system? Any restrictions, more required parts? Anything you could tell me could help.
perfect bolt on for 150-160 Whp.

If you want higher gains than that, your going to have to change your pulley, injectors and probably your Air flow sensor...then, of course....some tuning....SCT preferred...

B)
Malby, if u have the chance to get one, go for it!!
I been looking into one also. I wonder how it would work after you installed every bolt on available even cams...
From my reading on FJ, the guys have reported little to no gains with all the bolt ons....they may need tuning to get the maximum gains though.... :huh:
I'm pretty sure meford4u has stage 3's with the JRSC.... i think he posted dyno infoirmation about a month back.
Many cams don't work well the the JRSC
Hi Mike,

I just installed the Jackson Racing Supercharger over the weekend.
What can I say about it?
It's not going to make you the fastest Focus out there, but it is a noticeable gain over stock. It's a very reliable kit for our cars. I spent days searching on Focaljet about it, and came to the conclusion that this is a very good kit for a daily driven car. If this car was a weekend car for me, I would have turboed it, but I needed reliability.
I can take you for a spin in it the next time we meet. I will be at the Cougar and Contour meet this Saturday afternoon at Boston Pizza in Mississauga (Highway 10 & Courtney Park)

See ya :)

Vito
Yo Vito, I'll be at that meet too!
I'd like to see your setup.
Yes I have the JRSC and if you go to the site, they say right on the site that upgrading the cams is not a great investment because you are opening up the exhaust valves when the SC is blowing air into the cylinders.
Because the cams came with the car, it is really no big deal, but I think we can try and eliminate some of the blow by with adjustable cam gears.
As for tuning, I am just getting involved in the tuning aspect of the car, and I know others will argue with me about this, but i don't like the SCT tuner. We are going to spend the big bucks and use a maps system that basically overrides alot of the crappy stock settings of the car--like the MAF.
What it means in the end is I can control the power output of the car without having to chase new parts like a MAF, bigger injectors, etc..
If you have the chance to get one cheap---I see there is one going cheap with no reserve on eBay right now from a FORD dealer in Timmons or North Bay I believe--GET IT!!! It is a lot more fun boosting around corners and in the straightaways.

Hope you enjoy it.

even a little boost is a WHOLE LOT of FUN compare to no boost at all ;)
It comes down to reliability, if you want something reliable and for a daily driver its pretty decent.

As a bonus you can install this thing yourself, Jackson includes some really nice instructions to follow which look real straight forward.
Hey Paolo, no problem. I can give you a little spin around.

The instructions look pretty simple, but they jump around a little bit too much that we noticed. I can give you some pointers. It ended up taking us about 9 1/2 hours to get in. Not bad for the first time.

It does make the car a lot MORE FUN to drive.

I do have the adjustable cam gears, but they are set at 0, 0 for now. I want to adjust them a little bit, because you really don't feel the boost in 1st gear to about 6000 RPM. I want to feel it a little sooner in first, but that's my personal preference. :)

Vito
vito, just try retarding your exaust cam to the maximum, that should do the trick 4 you.

-Marc
I remember back in the day someone had good luck with mild stage 1 cams and the jrsc.

Other then that, id say its something that youd like alot malby. Id say go for it if you have the cash.

;)
*mumbles something about no kits like that for the SPI*
Thanks Marc,

I was going to play around with the intake and exhuast timing.
What do you guys recommend or is it a hit and miss???
I will be taking this car to the dyno in a couple of weeks, I'm just waiting for the stupid FC Hi-flow cat from STEEDA.

It's taking forever to get here, and I am getting the b**** :angry: story from Steeda.

Vito