FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thinking Of Getting Rid Of The Focus...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a baby coming in October... while I do have a ZX5 and really is an adequate baby car... its just an excuse to get rid of the damned thing 'cause I grow tired of my cars after a year and its already been 18 months!!

Its a 3 year lease, so 18 months to go... I put 3K down + its A-Plan, the car is loaded with everything but Leather... I think I pay like $320 / mo... but I could be mistaken (thats after-Tax) I don't care about regaining my Mod money.. Would it be easier, do you think, to sign off the Lease with all the Mods on it? or should I strip it, sell the parts to you guys and just hope someone will take the basta'd bone stock...

AND... would best way to be to put it up in Auto-Trader? or just locals... I dunno...

Options include: Moon Roof, Perimiter Alarm, Advance-Track uh.. I think thats it.. hehe
Mods include: Crown-Vic horn, Painted Grilles, Diablo-Chip, Bosal Cat-Back, FC High-Flow cat, JBA Shortie, Ractive Short-Arm Intake, FC 65mm TB, Yoko AVS ES 100 Tires + Yokohama Iceguard w/steelies

Of course I'd still require approval... plus I need to wait until the Freestyle is built
:o Freestar! lol aint life grand?

What I generally do is total the numbers for the various ways to take over. Get a final number for lease take over (think they pay book value tax on that still) or straight purchase... etc Because really it doesn't matter too much to you how they pay for the car, the fact is you want to get out of it. So for anyone who is interested they can decide on which way to get into your car.

As for mods, I would sell em off.

Sometimes you have to be smart about the whole child/van thing... see I just bought my SVT now so getting rid of it in the next year or two would be a waste of money.... we may indeed get a van but it won't be at the expense of my SVT :ph34r: it will be at the expense of the car that has more equity... hers :P lol
BrooksZX3,Jul 6 2004, 07:30 AM Wrote::o Freestar! lol aint life grand?
eww Freestar?? No Minivan for me...

FreeSTYLE (stupid Ford naming everying F's) its Crossover vehicle...

Stationwagon with 3rd Row of seats, all Fold flat... 200HP Duratec with CVT Transmission and AWD with like 13 cupholders!! Woot who needs a MiniVan??
Be weary of the CVT in that size of vehicle.....our Vue has it and yikes. :o

I'll take some mods if they fit the SPI :D
I had the experience with a lease which I returned. I had 2002 Focus SE Sport and I had to pay $4000(which was about 1 year of the lease) in order to return it and then purchase my 2002 Escape. the 4000 was tacked on to the price of the escape. I did put a large cash downpayment on the escape, but in the end my payments were still over 340/mon. In the end I end up trading that escape in the following year (June 2003) for my SVT. The Escape was a pig on gas. Just my 2 cent. Be careful when trying to get out our lease. I did get a fantanic deal on the SVT.
If you want any help about getting out a lease....just ask ;)
Like SVTZX5 said...

to turn in a lease you need to make up the difference between the value of your vehicle and the value of the new vehicle. I did that with my Cougar to get my Ranger... $25K Cougar vs. $18K ranger... problem was resale of the cougar was down to $14K so I had to make up the $4K difference.. sucked ass... A-plan sucks that way

no... easiest way would be to get my Car totaled and written off but.. there is a certain pain factor in that... plus yet another big black dot on my Insurance record

or have the thing stolen... but I dun like the whole fraud idea :)
Stap Boy,Jul 6 2004, 12:50 PM Wrote:or have the thing stolen... but I dun like the whole fraud idea :)
now your just being picky :P
If you want to pull an insurance scam pm me.

:ph34r:
Mike, lemmie take some mods off ur hands. :D

<a href='http://www.underwater.org/mermaid/tanzania/images/vulture1-800.jpg'>[Image: vulture1-800.jpg]</a>

The vultures are circling.
getting out of a lease means more $$$$ down the toilet.... suck it up, beat on the car for another couple of years use the money you would have dumped to get something better after ?