FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rs Body Kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know where one could buy the full body kit that the RS uses thats (front bumber, Fender flares, rear bumber and the lights to go in the front). Just wondering because even thou i cant have an RS ill still make my ZX3 into one.
It would cost you well over 5000 dollars to do the complete conversion.
There is no way the body kit would cost 5000... maybe 3000 if that.
Real ford parts would cost you just over 3 grand US

THEN

You have to get the rear quarter panels welded on and worked into the original body.

THEN

You have to respray literally the entire car.

You tell me what you think that costs... ;) ;)
Trust me .. id love to do this conversion in a second .. and had all the parts priced out before i bought the reiger kit ..

But its just WAY too much money. Even though its hella cool.
If you want the actual full kit from ford lots o cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can get the ICC replica from boss but your still looking at $$$$$ anything euro man your going to be paying....
Just for my rs front bumper, the hella singals and paint it put me up around $950-1000 mark. Thats just for the front bumper and I installed it myself.... Im sure if the shop did it whoa....they would of charge me a s**t load when they find out they would have to cut the front rebar...

If you got the cash do it man...but just be prepared. Getting the parts isnt a big deal. Its the install and painting....
Also note.....

My kit was more then 3000.... I got receipts to proove it to.. and i still am missing a rear lip...dan did the reiger kit so he knows all about the costs also...
Yeah, the widebody RS conversion will cost you a lot more than $3k.. the fenders/front bumper isnt that big of a deal (except for having to pay Ford OEM prices), but to fit the wide rear bumper you'll need to cut and weld in the wide rear quarters. That's a fair amount of body work involved there if you want to do it right.

You could do the wide front fenders and bumper without the rear, but it would look pretty funny. The body work and respraying is really going to cost you..

And then you'd probably want to get wider wheels to fill the wide arches, etc.
I think after said and done be around 4500..if you find someone to paint for cheap and you intsall your self.

How ever to get the autobody shop to cut the front rebar is another story. most shops wont do it due to liabilty reasons...
I guess Tuner left the convo :lol:
No i didnt i was out researching the costs...and as for shop work and paint thats free!!! just gotta know the prices for the kit and im on my way and this is not including wheels but those will come. And ill get the replica not the actual ford products they charge way to much. But this probably wont happen till end of next summer when i have the $$$ for the kit and after my performance mods.
There is only one company that makes the RS replica and thats ICC tuning from http://www.bosseuroparts.com in BC and your still lookng at $$$

The kit is made all from perum (I think thats how you spell it) its a different kind of plastic material. Quality is awsome.
And the ICC Tuning RS replica bumpers are not widebody, so you dont have to worry about the fenders. Unless of course the widebody is what you want, then you'll have to get the actual RS parts from Ford.

They're supposed to be for sale from Ford Racing in North America now, I'm pretty sure they're in the new catalog but the prices are insane. Voytek from bosseuroparts.com might be able to get the OEM Ford pieces for cheaper than that, it's hard to say.
I dont really care about the wide body look; just the body kit styling is what im interested in. Its not like ill be pulling up to the lights to a real one anytime soon.
If you dont want the widebody hassle, bosseuroparts.com (in BC) sells the ICC Tuning RS replica bumpers..

Front: $588.72 (front indicators and foglights not included)
sides: $387.80
Rear: $314.00

And as with any european bumper installation, cutting the front rebar will probably be necessary, and removal of the rear rebar (as the euro rears are much shorter). You can replace the rear rebar with the european rebar and crash foam to be safe though.. not a good idea to just pull off your safety equipment for the sake of looks.

So just under $1300 for the pieces, plus taxes and shipping from BC. Also if you're ordering from bosseuroparts, make sure you mention you're a member of focuscanada.net.

The front indicators are $84, or you can get clear ones, or the Hella round ones for a bit more.. You might want to look at getting a european upper grill too while you're at it, since you wont need the signals in the grill (~$90), and you'll also need the rear reverse light/foglight setup for the rear bumper since I dont think they're included. (reverse $46, rear fog $110) You dont need the reverse fog though, you could get another reverse light from the UK or somewhere LHD so the rear lights match. The costs add up with a euro conversion, but I'd say it's worth it for the huge difference in style it makes.
Just remember .. the big reason that front end looks cool is because its wide. Make sure you try and find some pictures of other cars that have this ICC kit on it before hand so that you still like the non widebody counterpart...

Just a suggestion
true.. there's a couple pictures on bosseuroparts.com

and also if you go to www.icctuning.com and look under "Kits de Carroceria" (the site is mainly in Italian). They've got a few more pics there.