FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Insurance Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I got my 2002 focus zx3 back in january and am getting sick of paying, what i think is high, insurance prices. Right now i'm paying $350 a month. i have never been in an accident, never got a ticket, and am 22yrs old.

If you guys don't mind, i'd like to know what some of you pay for insurance as i'm thinking of switching companies, but i dunno to who.

thanks for your help
just call everyone in the phone book...

don't lie, don't skimp on liability coverage, take a really high deductible (say $1000) or skip collision and OTC coverage altogether. that's really all you can do

my liability coverage here in the NYC area would be around 2000/yr if i had a vehicle

Yep ... You just have to make a huge list and call every company.

Everyone will give you a different price... its all about finding the best bargain.
The best thing you can do is..... turn 25!

I have a loaded policy, million liability, and all the extras like glass coverage, waiver of depreciation, loss of use, etc etc etc... all for 114 a month. I'm with Wawanessa.
haha.. 871/yr for my sunalier
and 798/yr for the civic.
My plates for my 2001 Focus are about $93 a month, I also pay about $220 a year for a auto insurance package (lower deductible and other coverage included).
careful of the $1000 deductable... if you are leasing (I don't know about Financing) Ford Credit gets a lil bitchy when they see that... (at least they got a lil bitchy with me)
I pay $160/mo

What I did, was I joined CAA ($70/yr), and then went through their brokerage. They have group rates with all of their insurance companies, and they automatically look for the best company every year and will automatically move you.

When i was shopping around for insurance, they were able to get me a quote that was at least $200/yr cheaper than the cheapest I found previously through other brokerages and that consumer line (which came in at 5th lowest possible price).
We need a Canadian Geico I think (Geico Car Insurance) except instead of a lizard, you could use a beaver or something.... lol... I can just imagine how "canadian" some of those commercials could be....haha
you can't compare insurance rates reasonably for people who live in different areas and have different ages and marital status....

GMAC and I believe all the others have okayed 1000 deductible to try and offset the high price of insurance....GMAC for sure though.
I'm paying just over 2000/yr for full everything on my Focus, I'm 26 and a 6-star driver. My fiancee is 24 and a G2 driver.

It'll drop to 1700 or so when my final accident disappears at the end of this year. Damn 6 year rules. :angry:
Man you guys are so lucky. You may be complaining about $3500 a year but I'm complaining about my $6200 a year. I drive a 2004 Focus ZX5 and I'm 17 (reason why its so much). Not to mention I dont have any speeding tickets or traffic convictions..............I dont even wanna think about what it would be with a ticket. :blink:
95.88/month. Justy & the focus. 24/m