FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gauge Cluster Reprogramming @ Bay Ford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I smashed my cluster doing some work about a week ago in the car.

Anyway I got one off ebay and I know I'm going to need to do the whole mileage reprogramming thing. I've heard some dealers wont(don't know how to) reprogram the mileage.

Bay ford in Toronto is the closest to me and I'm pretty sure someone on here works there. Just want to know if they can do it?
Cost would be nice to know too.

Jeremy
JSI,Jun 30 2004, 08:29 PM Wrote:Well I smashed my cluster doing some work about a week ago in the car.

Anyway I got one off ebay and I know I'm going to need to do the whole mileage reprogramming thing. I've heard some dealers wont(don't know how to) reprogram the mileage.

Bay ford in Toronto is the closest to me and I'm pretty sure someone on here works there. Just want to know if they can do it?
Cost would be nice to know too.

Jeremy
I would think its pretty straitforward. When replacing most ford modules, they download the information from the old one first using a scan tool, then the scan tool uploads the information into the new one after its installed. I would think the cluster would program the same, although with information already in the cluster you are installing, it might make it a bit trickier than that.