FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sask: No More Front Plate!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, so no more front plates in Saskatchewan. About time IMO but of course I had to screw the plate into the front bumper. Is there anything else I can do (after I remove the plate off the front) to "hide" those holes without having to get them filled in and have it repainted by the bodyshop? I am not really a fan of those vanity plates people put on the front of their cars, would rather not put anything there at all. I was thinking of getting a plastic dealer advertising plate, paint it to match the car and then getting a STEEDA decal made, mount that on there, but not sure, might just leave the front plate on. Also thought of getting some nice black screws that are rounded and putting them on the bumper without the plate, or maybe some push in plasic inserts? No clue... maybe I should just keep the front plate on???

Anyone else got any suggestions?
steeda has those plastic advertising plates.
They do? Are you talking about the plate surround (the one that you mount around your existing license plate) cause I got one of those already or are you talking about a full size license plate with Steeda on it?
I believe only the surrounds. Yeah it's sweet that you don't need the plates anymore, but what to do with the holes lol A decal is obviously an easy fix. Why don't you bore out those holes and run some cold air lines to your intake? :P :ph34r:
Now there is an idea BrooksZX3...LOL.... I would probably end up with wasps nesting in my intake if I did that...

Yeah not sure what to do, leaning towards finding some rounded plastic inserts and pushing them in, sucks, actually really not sure what to do. Anyone else got any ideas?
Well when I get my new bumper I am not mounting a plate. Im going to just leave it as it is, and paint it without one. If i get the bumper done before the law is passed, I will put it in the window or something I guess.
Today is the day the law is passed according to the radio. You no longer have to have a front license plate.

Yeah screw mounting it to your new bumper. SGI will now on only issue you a single plate when you get new ones.
Yeah, that would ruin my new bumper. I cant wait to get it.
I'd double check the timing on that, as I am an avid CBC Radio One fan and they were saying July 31 as the last day for plates on the front for the past two months!!!!

E

P.S.

I told tyler that we should get a plate that says PUGLUVR, but he won't go for it!!! :lol: He told me I have to wait for my VW van to get that plate. :(
Yeah I am sure I heard that it is tomorrow. I am double checking that right now. Also, you guys remember that horrid wrap around wing from that website. The guy on there actually has a product to cover those holes, looks ok, I don't think I would support the guy after seeing that wing he designed. Anyway, here is a link to the site....

https://secure1.nexternal.com/shared/StoreF...asp&ProductID=3

NICE!!
Yeah I just heard that on the radio again so it is definitely today.
Coo, they must have bumped it or else I am just dumb. (probably both :D )

I guess there's no pug plate for my nonexixtant car :(

E.

P.S.
ty says it would be lame anyway, what does he know :rolleyes:
Yeah they said they moved it ahead a month. Pretty impressive for Saskatchewan to break away from some of these stupid laws that this province has while the others don't. Get on board Saskatchewan!!
Ill probly take mine off to be honest. Although those holes are going to look like hell untill I get my new bumper. We will have to see, maybe I will leave it on for now.
Yeah I think I might have to leave it on my car (the plate) cause those holes are nasty. I was thinking that I could maybe leave my "tinted" plate cover on and just take the plate off but that would probably look gay. I am thinking about getting a platic plate and putting a STEEDA sticker on it after painting it to match my car, might work. Sucks cause I just actually put my front plate on my car about 4 or 5 months ago when I first started modding my car. Damn government... lol
I assume the new front plate law only applies to Sask, not Ontario?

And Erin, by the sounds of things, you won't need any kind of plate for a while :P :ph34r:
BrooksZX3,Jun 30 2004, 04:56 PM Wrote:I assume the new front plate law only applies to Sask, not Ontario?

And Erin, by the sounds of things, you won't need any kind of plate for a while :P :ph34r:
ggggrrrrrrrrrrr :lol:
That's mean Brooks.... Tisk Tisk... <_<
Pages: 1 2 3