FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Redline Waterwetter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw this at Cantire, it claim it will reduces coolant temp by 20C. Worth a try or BS?
It sounds like the stuff used in computer water-cooling setups.

I wouldn't run it in a car, from what I've heard that it does to hoses in water-cooled rigs over time.
i run it in my car.
it's one of those parts that alot of people buy for no reason.
unless your car is having serious over heating issues or you are running a low coolant mix then there is no need for it.
i run a 80% water 20% coolant in my car year round but i live in vancouver and it's rarely colder than -5°C for more than a day or 2 a year.

I use it in both my XR's it does work on hot days or at the track.
i swear by it....

definatly not a gimmic...especially if you are hung up in traffic on a hot day...more of it's purpose is to disipate the heat more evenley so you don't get any hotspots, whoch we know are not good for ANY car....it's HUGE with the hotrodder for obvious reasons [they are usually in a cruise going 20kph or so]

it's not meant to CURE an overheating problem...

Royal Purple has the same product....they call it Purple Ice
no, definately not a overheating cure but it will lessen the problem till you get it fixed.
I want to pick some up for my intercooler...not that the weather's been particularily warm lately, but never hurt to have that little extra in there.