FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How To Install Autometer Af Guauge?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know theres only 3 wires to hook up, but could somebody point me in the right direction. I've never installed one of these things. Its mounted in the coin tray (custom pod)....just need to hook it up. Pics would be sweet ;) :D
Contact 'FocusGuy7476' to find out, he has the same setup in his focus, pretty sure anyway.
which gauge is it that your installing. ill go take some pics of mine right away.
Well, you have red which is switched power, black which is ground, and then you have the purple which goes to the O2 sensor...but I'll be damned if I remember which one.

:s

I know there was a debate as to wether or not to put it on the first or second o2.

Jay
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 23 2004, 06:53 PM Wrote:Well, you have red which is switched power, black which is ground, and then you have the purple which goes to the O2 sensor...but I'll be damned if I remember which one.

:s

I know there was a debate as to wether or not to put it on the first or second o2.

Jay
it needs to go on the 1st O2 sensor!!

and most of the folks say grab it from the black wire going to the O2 sensor.. but I dunno.. never looked at it. pin 60 on the ECU is a guaranteed hit tho (and you can keep your wiring 100% in the cabin).

How do i go about setting it up on Pin 60, doe sthis require me to remove the ecu?
FocusGuy7476,Jun 23 2004, 02:39 PM Wrote:which gauge is it that your installing. ill go take some pics of mine right away.
pics would be awsome. Auto meter Ultra lite series.
Flofocus,Jun 23 2004, 07:03 PM Wrote:How do i go about setting it up on Pin 60, doe sthis require me to remove the ecu?
it'll be easier to track down if you do remove the ECU.. need to research further to see if anyone has pics of what the actual wire is, so you don't have to trace back from the ECU.
It's "easier" to remove the ecu, or just unplug it. All you do is find Pin 60, cut away the plastic on the wire to expose it, wrap the purple wire around it, solder then tape.

What I usually do when I have to just tap into a wire like that is actually cut the wire, strip both sides, put in the heat shrink, twist wire together, solder, put heat shrink over wire and use heat gun.

Otherwise, you can't use the heat shrink.

I did it without taking the ecu out .... just take off the thing that holds the wires nice ...

Just shave the plastic off the wire (not too close to the ecu) .. and wrap ... tape her up .. and your done.
How do you "find" pin 60?
Its the only color in that section ... Im pretty sure its the white wire.

Plus the ecu pins are labled.
sorry....another one....and how do i get the wiring from the coin tray all the way over to the glove box??

That piece thats underneath the curved part in the dash .. under the radio area...

Theres holes behind that thing ... you can run the wire through there .. then up inside where the aircond is ....
tdot-zx3,Jun 23 2004, 03:18 PM Wrote:That piece thats underneath the curved part in the dash .. under the radio area...

Theres holes behind that thing ... you can run the wire through there .. then up inside where the aircond is ....
I'll more than likely be msn'ing you tonight :P
Sounds good .. hahaha... =P
Getting there too hehe :P
BerinG,Jun 25 2004, 10:28 AM Wrote:Getting there too hehe :P
I havent got it in yet....dam work is crazy lately.

Want to come over to my house this week-end and intsall it together? :lol:
yeah same here.. when i get back i just dont feel like ripping apart my dash..

when you installing yours?.. i also have oil pressure and boost to install.. that's why i don't want ot have to install em separatly.. but not sure how to do the rest.. my buddy was suppose to help me

are you french by the way? hehe
I have tomorrow off. Finally. First week-end in a while that I've had off. Maybe we can do it tomorrow?

Yes I do speak french, why do you ask? :unsure:

I have a boost guage in the pod to, but wont be finishing that until the turbo is in....I could probably feed the line sthrough the firewall to get it ready but other than that, thats about as far as I could go.