FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Painting My Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to get her painted and I was just wondering if the dealer does painting. :D
Yes, for two small children and the rest of your life's savings.
I will translate... =P

Unless you know someone at ford the price you get to repaint a car will be extremely high.

Its better to do it privatly .. BUT .. you have to watch out, since alot of people who paint cars are crooks now a days.
Yes the body shop attached to your dealership will repaint your car. Like others have said, it will be more expensive than a private shop, but you have to be carefull if you go that route. When I got the covers to my headlights painted I took them to a private shop because it was recommended to me and it cost less. The paint peeled off when the lights were installed. Got them repainted by a friend of a friend, and the paint started chipping off alot. took them back to bodyshop at the dealership and got them repainted, for $125 less than the original quote and have had no problems to date. The difference in cost between the two shops oringinally was around $100. Sometimes it is better to pay more money up front, because it will save you alot of time and money in the long run.
body work and painting = $$$$$$$$$$

good luck with that man...
How much do you guyys think I will be looking at? Theres no body work to be done ( well i should mention thats theres a little tiny rust mark on the bottom panel).
are you looking at just a panel or a whole car?

its a tough call.. if you redo just a panel its likely going to be obvious in certain lighting that that area has been resprayed. its gonna be good like 90% of the time, but sometimes it will be noticable

its going to be in a 4 figure price tag to redo the whole car for sure.. i'm guessing 3k
3K? That much eh? Its alot but I want to get it done right and I dont want to take the risk of getting some arsehole to do a half assed job. 3k is alot but I would know its done good and its going to last. So it might be good in the long run.
dannyq,Jun 20 2004, 05:36 AM Wrote:3K? That much eh? Its alot but I want to get it done right and I dont want to take the risk of getting some arsehole to do a half assed job. 3k is alot but I would know its done good and its going to last. So it might be good in the long run.
At the very least 3k. :(
Anything of any quality will be at least 3 grand....stay away from the Maacos of the world. ;)
you get what you pay for with paint.

prep work is an important part of a good looking paintjob, and more prep work=more$.
I've been kicking around getting my car repainted completely, but I might have to abuse a friend's wife's station at one of our dealerships to get it repainted. It's DAMN expensive.

I'm supposed to get the car by their shop for an estimate, but methinks I'm not going to like what the price is. I was quoted 300 just to redo my trunklid and rear quarters alone.