FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So What Is The Best Way To Get Cai
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thought I would through this question out there, instead of some sappy "why me" question<<<<making fun of myself is always good for a laugh.
The heat from the engine, as we all know, tends to bog down the JRSC and I was looking at alternatives, but was a little concerned about water intake from the CAI systems out there.
I have considered, and this might be a little out there, changing the hood and venting cold air from a hood scoop system. Not exactly what you are all thinking, like Dukes of Hazzard shite, but something like a forced cowl induction system.

Hope you follow me because even I find myself hard to follow at times.

Hey if this is the Dukes of Hazzard, with a last name like Hogge, I immediately get to be Boss Hogg

Well if you air worried about water get this:

<a href='http://www.prostreetonline.com/pso/images/products/20-401S_m.jpg'>[Image: 20-401S_m.jpg]</a>

AEM Bypass Valves

AEM's Air Bypass Valve for Cold Air Induction Systems totally eliminates the unlikely chance of water ingestion should the filter element become wet from deep puddles, rain, hail, sleet, or snow-or any other scenario in which the filter element could encounter or become submerged in water. The valve installs along the upper portion of the inlet pipe on the same axis as the throttle body centerline. Should a drop in pressure occur within the pipe, the valve shuts down induction at the filter and routes incoming air through the valve's external orifices, eliminating any chance of water ingestion. Please feel free to contact us for specific vehicle fitment applications
That's very interesting PAPA. You can be Daisy Duke

Anyone have any other ideas for getting cold air?
This may look like s**t but it will work. Get a scoop in the location where the air is comming in the engine through the intake which is the top right hand side, if your worried about snow or rain then just create a plug to stop the rain and snow from comming in....orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr try something really new and get an intercooler and make some piping and run it to your engine.
To cause any hydrolock you have to be driving like a mad man into puddles or not see a puddle and smoke it off and at the same time fully submerging the flter into water with the throttle wide open. I called AEM about it and thats what they told me. Alot of ppl here have CAI's. Me and Jarrod both had CAI and dam!!! one day wasnt paying attn and I hit a puddle so big I was just sitting there waiting for my car to shut down. Nope I was good. Kept driving. If you think about it to those pipes run pretty dam hot so to even get a little drop in the piping by the time it works it way up its all ready gone.

How ever Im still sketchy about the CAI as to why I picked up a Steeda highflow. I rained here for a straigt month and I just had that little fealing I didnt like.

I did pick up a bypass valve but i took it back the next day. Reason why i didnt use it due to the fact it require cutting the pipe and every car is different as to where to mount it. mounting it in the wrong place can cause your car to make a werid sound at idle or even make the bypass vavle non functional. Its also got to be installed after the tb and maf so there really is not much room. plus it has to be on straight pipe. I think the best spot would of been right on the bottom piping right under the battery closer to the filter..
Meford4u:

I wouldnt suggest going with the aem cai at all with the jrsc.

The thing with superchargers is they want air extremely fast, and an abundant source extremely close to them. In otherwords its better to have a short ram with air an average 5 deg hotter, then a cai where it wouldnt get all the air it wanted. The common rule of thumb is more air &gt; colder air.

If you search around, try and find pictures of a car called &quot;spongebob&quot; (focaljet is your best be) and see if you can find an engine shot of that car. They went through a whole bunch on intakes, and even wrote a HUGE writeup on why the chose the one they had.

An almost straight pipe short ram with the most effort getting as much cold air to the surrounding area it will always be your best option having the jrsc installed.

Which TB you usin?
You know I never checked, and I think it is the stock TB. Just another mod that needs to be done.
I was curious as to what you guys would come up with. I have heard that using the long CAI's can cause alot of havoc for superchargers as it almost starves it of air, so changing to a long but cold air intake doesn't seem to be the answer.
I guess if you have money to burn, and this makes the long list right now, but this would certainly do the trick.

http://www.jacksonracing.com/Shop/ViewProd...teIndexID=37416
Look into the Volant Ram air attachment??? :unsure: